Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Shady Maple for a wedding cake?!

Hello ladies,

I was just checking and wondering if anyone used Shady Maple for their wedding cake.  If so what kind, my FL and I tried samples and we totally can't decide.

Any input would be great!  Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
262 Invited image
164 Yes image
38 No image
60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image

Re: Shady Maple for a wedding cake?!

• Options
    Who are your other choices, then I will better be able to give my opinion!  ;) 

I know taste is the major factor, but being a retired professional cake artist I want my cake to reflect some decorating talent....and I can't say that Shady Maple would be able to offer me much in that department (unless they've changed a lot in recent years).

Personally, if your budget is steering you to go with a grocery store cake- check out Oregon Dairy.  Those ladies are able to offer both taste and talent!  :)
  • Options
    I don't really have many options just yet.  I'm just beginning my search.  I am really open to anything but a friend used them at their wedding and I was a little shocked so I was wondering if anyone else used them before or how the cake tasted and what have you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
  • Options
    So what, may I ask, was it that "shocked" you?  The price? Yeah- if you are from Philly, MOST of the cakes around here are going to be cheaper!  My cake recommendations are:

Oregon Dairy
    Sweet Encounters, Reamstown
    Bella Manse, Millersville
    Creative Cakes by Rosie, Manheim
    for something 'over the top' try House of Claredon, Lancaster
  • Options
    I was shocked because I didn't know they did wedding cakes.  I thought they were just the big buffet place.

Thanks for the suggestions!  I'll look into them! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards