Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Ashley Manor brides

A little help here?  We just went to our first tasting last night and were both really disappointed with the food from Lux.  For those who have been married there and used Lux, was the food at the wedding better than at the tastings?  Also, what did you end up going with?  I was told in our initial meeting with Ashley that the chefs would work with us to personalize the menu but last night when I asked I was givin a "yeah, I don't think so" face. 

Any thoughts and advice are appreciated! 

Re: Ashley Manor brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Um... we were all around very impressed with the food from Lux catering. We were expecting it to really taste like catered food, but thought that they went above that to make it taste like made to order food. That's what our opinion was and I'm not sure what your expectations were and what your likes are and whatnot. However, they should be willing to work with you about customizing a menu. For instance, they usually serve dinner rolls with the meal but we wanted loaves of bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegarette for dipping, and they were more than willing to do that. I would speak with Isabelle or Jessica about specific things that you want to change. They are who I always went to. The other lady with the dark hair (I don't remember her name) I didn't hardly ever see or talk to and I was less impresssed with her help when I did talk with her.

Good luck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and to answer your question about what we had... we had the Manchego cheese stuffed chicken, asparagus, garlic smashed potatoes, cheese tortellini, Caesar salad, and crab cakes appetizer.

If it's any additional help, many of our guests commented on how delicious the food was too. Maybe you just caught the chef on a bad day?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  The dark haired girl was who we dealt with the other night so I'll be sure to ask for Jessica when I call this week. 

We plan to go to another tasting, just in case the chef was having an off night, so hopefully the next one will go better.
  • Options
    Dr.AcostaDr.Acosta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We also were impressed with the food and so were our guests...and my  husband side of the family are good cooks and know food. We had many compliments and people felt like they had more than enough food.  I would speak to Jessica about what your thoughts are and I am sure t hey will work with  you.  We had the manchego cheese stuffed chicken and the prime rib,with garlic potatoes, asparagus and spinach salad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards