California-Los Angeles

Dying Shoes...

So I was wondering if any of you ladies have any recs of a shoe place that will dye your shoes in the San Fernando Valley? Also how much would this cost?

TIA!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Re: Dying Shoes...

• edited December 2011
     Hey xxquemirasxx  I'm not help on this - but I'm glad you asked the question.  This is something I have been thinking about as well.  Do you already have your shoes?  If so, are they dyeable?  I haven't seen "the" shoe I want yet that comes in my color - I have seen it in other colors though.  I'm wondering if the shoe is white/silver satin - can it be died - even if it doesn't say dyeable. Just thinking out loud.  G/L
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I do have a shoe. The shoe color I picked was off-white. I asked the sales person at DSW, but she said to ask the shoe person where I can get it it dyed, so she answered my question with a questionUndecided But I think they are Laughing, so this is why I asked the question. I'm hoping someone will give me some recs.

I'll let you know how it all turns out!
  • edited December 2011
    Please do - I hope you do find one cause then our prayers will be answered :-)
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So I don't think I am going to be any help - but there was a knottie (that I can't seem to remember, but someone else may rememebr her) that bought white Stewart Weitzman pumps and died them purple and they turned out amazing. She was scared in the begining but they really turned out great. Was it pashika (sp?), does anyone remember? I think she had a shoe repair man do it if I'm not mistaken.... sorry - I'm no help, haha!
  • edited December 2011
    Jenfridrich-I vaguely remember but yes you are right. I remember a couple of knotties last year did it. and my dumb@ss never paid attention when they where giving recs, cux I thought "oh I'll find the color" and now I feel stuckUndecided
  • edited December 2011
    I was in my best friends wedding.  Her color was clover green.  Instead of having it dyed at David's Bridal, expensive, she had us find white shoes at Payless Shoes and they were able to do a color match.  Hope this helps.  It was pretty inexpensive and decent shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards