Colorado-Denver

Rehearsal/Welcome Party

So it's 2.5 weeks before the wedding and I am just now being asked by family to organize a little get together for family and out of town guests to meet and mingle the day before the wedding. No problem, I though origionally I would find a nice place downtown that has a decent happy hour and order some hour derves and that would be all. Well apparently, I was a bit too optamistic ($125 for a tray of veggies and dip for 25?!) and my list of options is getting smaller and smaller. 

So I'm reaching out to other Denver brides.  Does anyone have suggestions for a nicer publike venue that is in the Downtown/Uptown area (preferable at the top of the mall seeing as how there is a Rockies game that night)? 

I was thinking something like the wine loft/ appolosa grill where there will be room to move around but also affordable enough that I wont be spending half as much as I will be spending on my caterer the next day.

Re: Rehearsal/Welcome Party

• HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why don't you just pick a place and talk to the manager about offering some specials for your group and then having everyone pay for themselves. I belong to a wine group and we usually pick a place and tell them approx how many people to expect. It doesn't hurt to ask for a deal... Most places won't offer any deals unless you ask!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Appaloosa Grill could definitely work.  I went to a group dinner there once and they managed it fantastically.  I'm also a big fan of the Rialto Cafe happy hour, but I've never done a group event there.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards