Oklahoma

Oklahoma's Weather in March

Hey guys, I've lived in Oklahoma for a few months now and I'm considering moving my wedding date up from June to March of next year. My fiance and I really want to have an outdoor wedding but we have no idea what the weather is like here during March. If anyone could tell us what to expect that would be great.

Anniversary

Re: Oklahoma's Weather in March

• VNEluvsAJBVNEluvsAJB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's unpredictable at best. There could be snow on the ground or it could be 75 degrees. I would just be sure that wherever you book has an indoor space as a contingency plan.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My birthday and my fiance's birthday is 3/28 and 3/29. We have this conversation EVERY year....he whines that my birthday is always sunny and his (3/29) is all was raining....he is usually right. LOL good luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Unpredictable is the word to describe it.  

We got married at The Gardens     www.myweddingchapel.net
    It has the Gardens outside, but if weather was a problem, you can very easily move inside
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    In all fairness, June can be unpredictable as well (given the storms we often get in early summer).  I'd much rather go to an outdoor wedding in the spring than in the dead of summer personallly though.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_oklahomas-weather-march?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:2d7fbce7-17d4-48c1-ac2f-b8fb418ab70fPost:659f548f-246d-4cde-ad3d-b54b32e78f16">Re: Oklahoma's Weather in March</a>:
    [QUOTE]In all fairness, June can be unpredictable as well (given the storms we often get in early summer).  I'd much rather go to an outdoor wedding in the spring than in the dead of summer personallly though.
    Posted by WendyToo[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with June being unpredictable............ANY time in Oklahoma is unpredictable!</div>
    Anniversary image
  • LuckyChelseaLuckyChelsea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even think about making sure the outdoor venue had an indoor area just in case. Such a great tip!

It's really hard planning a wedding by yourself when you don't know the area or anyone in it and your fiance works 65+ hrs a week.

Thanks so much everyone! Very helpful!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_oklahomas-weather-march?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:2d7fbce7-17d4-48c1-ac2f-b8fb418ab70fPost:a7c7b429-e107-4c96-9f7c-05587028a71b">Re: Oklahoma's Weather in March</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't even think about making sure the outdoor venue had an indoor area just in case. Such a great tip! It's really hard planning a wedding by yourself when you don't know the area or anyone in it and your fiance works 65+ hrs a week. Thanks so much everyone! Very helpful!
    Posted by LuckyChelsea[/QUOTE]

<div>  If you ever need any help feel free to come back!  </div>
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    Where I live in Oklahoma, I wanna say it's snowed a few times during our Spring Break (which is mid-march). I know during our late fall, winter, & early spring we had lots of snow this past year. It was the most ridiculous thing ever haha.

& I do recall one day there being snow on the ground, & the next day it was like 70 degrees outside? Then less than a week later, snow again. It was so strange.

But yes, Oklahoma weather is unpredictable, to say the least. If you don't like how it's looking outside, wait about five minutes & I'm sure it will have changed. ;]
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • LuckyChelseaLuckyChelsea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@ kerrib11: Will do. Thanks again!

@ staybeautiful1717: I heard about that! So crazy! Hopefully mother nature will be kind to all of us this year, especially on our wedding day! haha 

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    As pretty much everyone has said, Oklahoma weather is just unpredictable no matter when. I will say though, my birthday is 3/26, and for the past 3 years I've tried to plan an outdoor bday party and inevitably a cold front moves in everytime. Two years ago it actually snowed like 2 or 3 inches. The weather overall will probably be in the upper 60's lower 70's. But again, you just never know.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha yes, I sure hope Mother Nature will decide to be nice! But you never know with her! Sometimes she just likes to be awful lol.

But if you go here: http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/weddings/
    you can type in your wedding date & location, etc. & it'll tell you info about how the weather has been in that town on that date for the past few years. & it always tells you about the weather of that month too. different stuff like that. It's pretty nifty. =]
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards