October 2012 Weddings
Options

OMG First Gift!

my bridal shower invitations went out last week, and I was doing a final update to our registry when I saw we already have a gift purchased from our Crate and Barrel registry! Our bridal shower isn't for another 7 weeks, so I thought this was early, but I'm super psyched! Has anyone else started getting gifts? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: OMG First Gift!

• Options
    We haven't gotten any yet, but I have seen that someone purchased some items! My first shower isn't until August 11th so I was pretty surprised!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yay that's exciting! I received a card in the mail from my great aunt in England with a cheque in it. DOes that count as a first gift?
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    It's so exciting!! We have like 4 things purchased from our kohls registry and I want them now!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So, we have an amazon list, and someone just shipped us the home theater system we put on there!! I'm wondering if they didn't mean to ship it to us...anyway, this means I start the ty's and the FI's gonna be psyched when he gets home!
  • Options
    My grandmother went a little crazy and bought $500.00 worth of things from Bed Bath and Beyond.  Needless to say I needed to go and add to my registry.  The people at Bed Bath and Beyond laughed when I returned because they remembered my grandmother when she was shopping and had 3 carts!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    262 Invited image
    164 Yes image
    38 No image
    60 Are making me drink way too much wine!!! image
  • Options
    mbuckley85mbuckley85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    We started ours last October and got a bunch of engagement gifts.  When the bridal shower invite went out a couple weeks ago, I noticed things were really getting bought! We went from having 38 items bought on our BB&B registry to 71!  We also have quite a few things that have been purchased off the PB registry.

As far as physical gifts for the shower, we already got the sheets and pillow cases we registered for at Pottery Barn.  FI was sooo excited he wanted me to put them right on the bed.  I had to tell him no until after the wedding!
  • Options
    We're not having a shower but we received a gift in the mail from one of FI's GM and his wife off of our BB&B registry.  We got the nice stainless steel toaster we wanted!  :)  I was surprised that we got it this early but they live overseas so they probably just wanted to get the gift out earlier rather than later.  I guess I'm starting TY notes early!  haha.  
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • Options
    We just got our first gift this week also, a stir fry and saute pan from Macys. It was very exciting!
  • Options
    We haven't gotten anything yet, but my shower isn't until Aug 4 though, so it's still a bit early. I've been checking the registry everyday though lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Someone bought the wine rack off our registry...I discovered it one morning at work and could hardly focus the rest of the day bc I was so excited our first gift had been purchased!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards