Ohio-Columbus

Darby House Prices

Hi guys, I am planning my wedding from out of town. My mom is going to check out some of them for me so I can narrow the list down for my visit. I am trying to decide whether to put Darby house on the list. It is absolutely beautiful and would be wonderful for my early october wedding. The costs though have me a little nervous. Approxmately how much were your weddings for those that had them at Darby House? Could you include as well the number of guests. Thanks

Re: Darby House Prices

• amcollins32amcollins32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not planning on having my wedding there, but I live in West Jefferson which is right near the location.  It's GORGEOUS, but you're right, pricey.  It's worth a shot.  Also, you know the food would be good because it's Cameron Mitchell.  I've heard people have cut their expenses there by having an early afternoon wedding or Sunday wedding.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    That place is stunning. But like pp, we could not afford it there. The minimums were a bit ridiculous IMO for a Saturday afternoon wedding. And they weren't  much better for a Friday or Sunday wedding either from what I remember and I doubt they have lowered their prices any since then.
  • edited December 2011
    We got quotes and I laughed!!! 

There is a minimum for saturday all day price of 13000, we had to do the all day because our ceremony is at 1 and the saturday night fees start at 6pm, and i did not want my guest to wait that long. 

Our First Quote was what i wanted: 3 display appetizers, Chicken and Beef buffet for 150, with 2 sides and bread. Kids buffet with Mac and Cheese and chicken tenders for 50, coffee bar, 1750 dollars in beer and wine, and 750 dollars in a signature drink, staffing, rental for the whole day, 1000 dollar faculity fee (which includes shuttle service from parking lot to front and back, waterside terrace for event,
    cake table with linen, china, and flatware, gate attendant for guest arrival
    and on-site security) staffing, solid cover overlays for 20 tables, and 20 percent service fee: Grand Total Comes to: 18500!!!!!!

We ask for a quote closer to the minumum and this is what we got:

2 appetizers, Chicken buffet with 2 sides and bread for 150, kids buffet with mac and cheese and chicken tenders for 50, coffee for 85, beer and wine for 1750, reception package for evening time, staffing, 1000 dollar faculity fee (which includes shuttle service from parking lot to front and back, waterside terrace for event,
    cake table with linen, china, and flatware, gate attendant for guest arrival
    and on-site security) and 20 % service fee

Grand Total 13500.

So the second quote got my closer to the budget but I would have had to make my guests wait until 6, they only got a chicken dish, that alcohol is a rough estimate. 

So we decided not to go with that place, but we did see it and my fiance really liked it. But we were looking at november and it kind of looked draby, because there would be no leaves and so it appeared brown/ gray.  But if there is snow or leaves it would look amazing..

I hope this helped. 
  • edited December 2011
    we looked there, too, after we went to a wedding of our friends at the darby house. it's gorgeous, so elegant, but then you'd just be backed into a corner and have to really budget the rest of your wedding.
    when were were quoted it ended up being 15,500 after everything was totaled with around 120 guests. yikes!

GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Were any of these quotes for a sunday? It seems that Darby house may be out of the budget. Thank you guys.
  • Allison9Allison9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too looked there- it was beautiful. But much like everyone else said- very pricey. Mike was the person I spoke with there. He was very nice, but again, I can't afford it.
  • The prices listed on their website don't seem that pricey for a Sunday wedding? Or am I reading it wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards