Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Processional Confusion

I really like Cannon in D. Should I be looking for another song for the rest of the processional and this song is only for me? How is this song typically used?
I would really like to chose a contemporary song for the wedding party part of the processional ( I'm thinking Ingrid Michealson "The way I am"), but I don't know if such different songs can be used together. Is this something people do, or should I just go one direction or the other?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Processional Confusion

• Options
    Peach311Peach311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using 2  totally different songs for the processional. Most weddings I have been to have a song for the bridal party and a different song for the bride to enter to. I think just do what you want, and what feels appropriate to you and your fiance and the vibe of your wedding. Personally, I am using an accoustic song by Led Zepplin for my bridal party, and then my song is a march style song by Blur. Not standard wedding fare, but they both represent my fiance and I well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have played violin and viola in dozens and dozens of weddings. If you're hiring musician(s) to play Canon in D, it would be easy to make it short enough for just your walk down the aisle. I've done it for brides before (by simply starting at the main theme). Choose whatever you want for your processional music, then listen to the songs/pieces in order to see if you like the flow of things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards