Snarky Brides
Options

Don't want it, till you can't have it

I'm one of those folks who was raised with liquor in the house. We'd hit the vineyards on weekends and bring along a picnic. My liquor cabinet and wine rack is always full, and beer is always in the fridge. And, I usually only have one drink a week, maybe every two weeks. 

So, today I have to do a mineral separation using methylene iodide. It has this nifty side effect. Even with the proper use of a fume hood, if you've been drinking in the few days before and few days after, you end up with liver cancer. Nice. 

So, for the last week and for the next week, no drinking for me. Yeah, now I suddenly get a craving for a beer. Damnit. 

What do you crave, when you're not allowed to have it?
AMA over 40
Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee

Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it

• Options
    Cake! Always cake. I dont even care what flavor.

Also Ice Cream, and gummi bears. Hell put the gummi bears in the Ice cream.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Taco Bell. There isn't one within 50 miles of me, and now it's my go to craving.
  • Options
    Ice cream.  I am allergic and it makes me puke my guts out, but once and while I get a huge craving for it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    When I am really stressed I want to smoke a cigarette at work but I won't because I hate smelling like smoke at work and taking cigarette breaks in general. Most days it doesn't occur to me but when it does, it is all I can think about ugh.

I have also been craving getting to the Vineyard in a major way... we usually go a couple times a summer and this summer has been so crazy it feels like part of our lives is missing :(
  • Options
    Oh dear.  That's a rather nasty side effect.   I had a bad experience in lab with naphthalene and biphenyl once.  Perhaps I missed the part of the instruction about keeping one's head above the level of the fumehood. 

I don't think I've even been in a situation where the "not allowed to have it" part would have negatively affected my health, so I generally give in to cravings.  
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Coffee.  Sometimes, coffee rips my stomach, and other days I'm fine.  But on days when I don't feel so well, and I KNOW that coffee is a bad idea...it's all that I want. 

Also cigarettes.  When I'm really stressed out (or hammered and with people who smoke) I crave cigarettes. I've never in my life been a smoker.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:b8d3b486-dfba-4245-bd2c-098c783f483e">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Taco Bell. There isn't one within 50 miles of me, and now it's my go to craving.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Mmmmm.... Taco Bell. We dont have one close to us either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:7c6933e1-a2bc-4847-a007-06e7d324f3a5">Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE].  So, today I have to do a mineral separation using methylene iodide. It has this nifty side effect. Even with the proper use of a fume hood, if you've been drinking in the few days before and few days after, you end up with liver cancer.
    Posted by PetraStonegirl[/QUOTE]

And this is why I enjoy  my biological chemistry.  The e. coli doesn't care if you drank recently.  :)
  • Options
    I'm not a late night snacker but every time I've had an operation and had to quit eating before midnight the night before all I've wanted around 2:00 am is something to snack on.  Every time, without fail.  It's aggravating.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I don't usually have restrictions on what I can eat, so I don't know. If have to fast for any medical stuff, I just crave food in general.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:e44a0655-2e62-49ca-9756-af15f2e23f4b">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it : Mmmmm.... Taco Bell. We dont have one close to us either.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

FI had one right down the street from the apartment we were at in OK, but it's probably for the best if I plan on losing any weight, haha.
  • Options
    Ice Cream, luckily if I just have a small taste I'm okay. Otherwise, my stomach isn't happy. boo.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:becdd8b9-8d61-468e-8460-d3c6c2b29663">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh dear.  That's a rather nasty side effect.   I had a bad experience in lab with naphthalene and biphenyl once.  <strong>Perhaps I missed the part of the instruction about keeping one's head above the level of the fumehood.</strong>  I don't think I've even been in a situation where the "not allowed to have it" part would have negatively affected my health, so I generally give in to cravings.  
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Whoops! </div>
    AMA over 40
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:01509d32-877c-438c-90dd-d6d81eb3d75a">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Don't want it, till you can't have it : And this is why I enjoy  my biological chemistry.  <strong>The e. coli doesn't care if you drank recently.</strong>  :)
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

<div>DED</div><div>
    </div><div>::blows raspberry::</div>
    AMA over 40
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:b8d3b486-dfba-4245-bd2c-098c783f483e">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Taco Bell. There isn't one within 50 miles of me, and now it's my go to craving.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Dude.  There is a Taco Bell like 3 minutes from where I work, and they KNOCKED IT DOWN to rebuild it.  Something about water pipes, blah blah vampire emergency blah.  It reopened last week...and I was first in line.  I never craved Taco Bell more in my life.  And I live walking distance from one. But I wanted Taco Bell from THAT ONE.  It's nice now!  They held the door open for me... someone took my tray and threw it away.. it was great!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    I only ever really want Chick-fil-a on Sundays.  By Monday when they're open again, i'm over it. 

That's a really crazy thing Petra, I can't think of anything else that would have that kind of effect.
  • Options
    An hour away from where I live is a local restaurant called The Red Pepper.  I crave it constantly.

I always crave everything though, when I shouldn't be eating it.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:53cab258-a1bd-4ae1-99ca-15fb70e95f94">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it : Dude.  There is a Taco Bell like 3 minutes from where I work, and they KNOCKED IT DOWN to rebuild it.  Something about water pipes, <strong>blah blah vampire emergency blah</strong>.  It reopened last week...and I was first in line.  I never craved Taco Bell more in my life.  And I live walking distance from one. But I wanted Taco Bell from THAT ONE.  It's nice now!  They held the door open for me... someone took my tray and threw it away.. it was great!
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, awesome.

It wasn't so bad before I lived with FI, because there well, wasn't one around. He got me hooked on it though. One of the first things we did after I moved down there was grab Taco Bell and watch the lightning during the storm.
  • Options
    Sonic drinks...the sonics are getting closer to ann arbor but they aren't here yet
  • Options
    oooh I also crave Checker's when I am not in Florida... seriously, that place has the most disgustingly amazing chili cheese fries
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:38446fda-f299-4918-b195-dfca1b9c4620">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sonic drinks...the sonics are getting closer to ann arbor but they aren't here yet
    Posted by dazed2confused[/QUOTE]

Awwwww, now I really want a cherry limeade with mozzerella sticks. DAMN YOU CANADA.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:38446fda-f299-4918-b195-dfca1b9c4620">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sonic drinks...the sonics are getting closer to ann arbor but they aren't here yet
    Posted by dazed2confused[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, yes. Sonic drinks. I want to try their cherry limeade milkshake-thingy. But, I'm too addicted to their cherry-chocolate coke. It's awful for you, but so tasty. Except for this one time, when the guy filled the bottom two inches of the cup with Hersey's syrup, and I stuck my straw right in it. Love chocolate, but that was... unexpected.</div>
    AMA over 40
  • Options
    Sour cream pringles... I know I shouldn't have it, and I really need to lose weight, but I have been keeping myself from going to the stores that carry them...

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    Kay, this thread is ruining me.
  • Options
    Sonic Coke. or Sonic Grape Sprite. The bigger the better. I only halfway care about the drink. I want THE ICE. I love rat/rabbit turd ice. You can buy a bag there for like a dollar.

I may be making a second stop on the way home tonight.

Dunkin Donuts. There isn't one anywhere here. There's a Krispy Kreme, which of course I grew up with and is fine, but OMG - I miss Dunkin Donuts.

I also miss Mayberry (an ice cream parlor) and Baskin Robbins.

I've gotten J hooked on Chick-fil-A nuggets.

I do sort of miss being able to go eat Chinese or Japanese food. The majority of both make me hurl - usually the combination of lightly cooked veggies with the rice. My tiny stomach can't handle it. But bring on the spring rolls from PF Changs (or the cold ones with shrimp and noodles).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    i wish i were most of you...then i might be skinny LOL...i have 3 taco bells within 5 miles of me, a sonic next door, chick-fil-a, and dunkin donuts

and mine is totally craving chick-fil-a on sundays
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I cave to my Burger King cravings far more often than I'd like to admit...

I also love gourmet beer, so when I'm on muscle relaxers for my back and shouldn't be drinking, I always crave beer.  I fear for when I get pregnant someday because giving up beer is going to be a pain in the neck!
  • Options
    I am the same way with Chick fil A!!! ALWAYS on Sunday do I crave it! Frown
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    For 51 weeks out of the year, I crave fair food like crazy.

This year, when we went to the fair, what did I get? a fricking corn dog and caramel apple; I can get those any day of the year.  I'm a moron.... a moron who is now craving deep fried cheese curds again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-want-till-cant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:38c0e2ac-8cfe-478d-8645-55778f2c0751Post:7d923ac0-0a7d-48c7-bab3-f0a8b2d59d74">Re: Don't want it, till you can't have it</a>:
    [QUOTE]For 51 weeks out of the year, I crave fair food like crazy. This year, when we went to the fair, what did I get? a fricking corn dog and caramel apple; I can get those any day of the year.  I'm a moron.... a moron who is now craving deep fried cheese curds again.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh no! You missed out on all the good stuff! Except deep fried pickles, because I live in a place you can get those year around. That was a black day of celebration, the day I discovered that. I love those, dipped in ranch.</div>
    AMA over 40
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards