Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Help! How to tastfully collect $ for bachelorette party ahead of time?

I need some tips on how to tastefully collect money upfront for a bacheloretty party weekend. I don't want to wait until the day of th party to collect. Is there any way around this? There will be about 15-20 people to collect from. Any suggestions would be apprecaited! 

Re: Help! How to tastfully collect $ for bachelorette party ahead of time?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For my one FSIL's bach party, her sister asked everyone to send their portion of the hotel room cost to her home address, and make any checks out to their dad.

Edit:  This was for 12 girls going to NYC.  They all paid for their own bus tickets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister is sending out a facebook message after she gets the invitations out that will include some secret information she doesn't want me to know and a link to her PayPal account.  The girls will pay for their hotel room and any other costs through that or they'll mail her a check. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just please get budgets ahead of time and stick to them and then it won't really matter how you do it because you'll avoid akward "I can't afford this" conversations.
  • Options
    RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Did all of these people offer to help pay, and did you consider everyone's budget beforehand?  Was everything discussed and agreed upon ahead of time?  If so, you can just have them mail you a check or do a paypal thing, or arrange somehow for them to get cash to you.  Collecting the day of might just be easier, though.

If you're just assuming that everyone will be able to chip in the assigned amount of money, reconsider.  If people want to contribute they will offer.  Don't ask them for anything, and if no one wants to contribute, then pay for it yourself or cancel or downscale the event to what you can afford.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With the invites for my party, my MOH will put in there that she requests payment by check 2 weeks prior to the event else a spot will not be reserved for them in the limo. So.. if someone wants to come to the pre-party at the hosue thats cool. If they don't pay up then they can't come tothe bars in the limo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cindy9178cindy9178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From personal experience, I'd say its going to be pretty tough to get all of the money from 20 people beforehand. Be prepared for people to say they will pay you later, or don't have enough money. I've seen it happen many, many times.
    I went to a bachelorette party recently, and one of the BMs told the MOH she would pay her that night. Well she ended up giving her a check... she had to pay the limo driver, and couldn't do that with her check, so she had to go to an atm and take out more of her own money to pay the limo driver - I just thought that was very inconsiderate.
    Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brianmaticbrianmatic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Pay It Square (http://www.payitsquare.com) to help.  I was very helpful.
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Brianmatic - I fear you are a vendor and am reporting this post.  I found it strange that you would post this as your first post and then I looked at the website.  It talks about Brian A. having an idea to make collecting money from sports teams easier.  Vendors advertising their business is against the TOS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for this post. I'm currently in the same situation of collecting money, solely for the limo for the night. I'm thinking of asking people to mail me a check or remit payment via paypal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards