New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venue Prices

Okay I am having a hard time figuring out where to have my wedding.  I need a gorgeous place in the area that is affordable.  I want to get married around feb. 2012....Please list any venue prices that you may know of...SUPER stressed...Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Prices

• Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

What is affordable to you? Our definitions could be very different. And what is your style/what are you going for?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what area are you looking in? Orange, Ulster, Dutchess, Rockland, Westchester?
    Are you looking for a small venue, large venue?

Your best bet is to try Hudsonvalleyweddings.com and theknot.com to find venues you like in your area and ask them to email  you their packages & pricing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Prices will vary a lot based on what you need in a package, time of year, day of week, etc.  If you provide us with a pp you're looking for, an area, and time of year and day we may be able to help more.
  • Options
    sdomi639sdomi639 member
    edited December 2011
    Well I have about 200 pp and am looking for something spacious in the rockland bergen county area.  I am looking to spend about 100 pp and under.  If you guys have any suggestions let me know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Definitely look at Patriot Hills. February is off season so it should be right around your budget, even better if you're willing to do a Friday, Sunday, or Saturday afternoon.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you are willing to go to westchester...fountainhead is beautiful and affordable ( it is in new rochelle).  Otherwise, have you looked into pearl river hilton or seasons in nj?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out the Old Tappan Manor in Old Tappan, NJ.  It used to be the Colonial Manor and they just recently renovated, it 's gorgeous!!!! I'm getting married there next August and we're paying $95/person for a Saturday night.  They have mentioned though that prices are going up since the renovations though.  Definitely check it out!  My sister got married there when it was the Colonial and it was great.  Same owners, just new name.
    http://www.oldtappanmanor.com/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sdomi639sdomi639 member
    edited December 2011

I completely fell in love with Old Tappan Manor but they were quoting me for 95 pp in feb, which is supposed to be their off season.  Was 95 on a saturday in august your first price given?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it was the first price given.  We had gone there when they were completely demolished, and I would say it was 75% completed when we booked it.  He did mention that the price now for August is $110, I believe, which is still reasonable for the area.  I'm not sure though what prices in February should be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Def check Patriot Hills!  We had a wonderful experience there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say:

Patriot Hills

Round Hill House (depending on the time of year and day)

Colonial Inn (Norwood, NJ)
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out what the other girls are saying , i dont know where patriot hills is or what it's like,  but i do know for that time of year the Villa Barone Hilltop Manor falls into that price .  i know because i considered the beggining of the year for my wedding  but went with september instead . They are in Westchester . their website is VillaBaroneHilltop.com

It's always in your best interest to check out all the places , see what you fall in love with and what you can afford.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at the Round Hill House in 3 weeks Its 95 for a Sunday wedding.... I believe off season its between 85 and 90 per person!
  • Options
    lauraNkieranlauraNkieran member
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familar with venues in the area  but you def. should be able to get places down to your price range, even for a Sat. night.  We got married in Westchester, in March, on a Saturday evening and paid $100pp including tax & grat.  You need to watch when they say per head b/c most will still add on tax & grat. to that quote.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know the status with having an outside ceremony at The Old Tappan Manor?  I love it there also!!
  • Options
    justine5justine5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re Old Tappan Manor: They have a gazebo on the property.. however, I believe they said they do not allow outdoor ceremonies. I'm assuming its because they are in the middle of a residential area but you might want to call and double check . I originally wanted an outdoor ceremony too, but after seeing the ballroom, I totally scrapped that idea! it's absolutely stunning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards