Plus-Sized

Good Morning, Ladies

TK is being totally wonky today. And NEY just got a new background that kinda makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Ouch. Forgive me if I double post, because I tried posting this a bit ago and TK ate it.

Good Morning! Happy Friday! I feel like I'm barely crossing the finish line of this week. Kinda feels like this:

Do you all have big New Years Eve plans? And if not- any other relaxing plans for the weekend?

Also- Are there still regs around on this board? I don't know anything about the drama that went down here....but I wasn't sure if it dispersed all the regs back to their "home" boards.

What do you feel like is your home board?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Good Morning, Ladies

• Well I don't know any thing about the "regs" because I am new here and thankfully I apparently missed the drama. 

Plans for NYE are to stay in and hang with my awesome teens.  I would love to go out, however being on the roads with all crazy people doesn't invite me out there. 

I survived the week.  My house is all nice and clean and just need a bit of tweeking around here such as dusting. 

Have a great day!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_good-morning-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:792cd6a1-8843-4c81-9368-1bd14088fde8Post:5703bd19-46f5-446f-8f84-8834bf1e8a91">Re: Good Morning, Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I don't know any thing about the "regs" because I am new here and thankfully I apparently missed the drama.  Plans for NYE are to stay in and hang with my awesome teens.  I would love to go out, however being on the roads with all crazy people doesn't invite me out there.  I survived the week.  My house is all nice and clean and just need a bit of tweeking around here such as dusting.  Have a great day!!!
    Posted by futurejimerson[/QUOTE]

I was able to get the house clean this week, as well. How do you balance it all? Cooking, cleaning, taking care of children (thank goodness I don't have to do this yet...just working a full time job), and making time to better yourself (meditation, quiet time, working out, ect.)

How do you do it all?! :)

I recently moved into my very first home and am trying to figure out "how to make my life work."
  • I think most of the "regs" are gone now.... but we have quite a few newbies.... and for them I say this.... you may have MISSED the drama.... but there is bound to be more!!! Trust me.... for some reason, this board attracts alot of it....

This week has dragged... I am so ready to relax this weekend... C'mon 4 o'clock!!!

FI and I are spending NYE with his mom... we are actually going to cook a nice dinner together, and then maybe fool around with her Wii-Fit that we got her for Christmas or watch a movie...and of course drink a little, and watch the ball drop.... We are actually stayin over night there so we dont have to drive with all the CRAZIES!!!

Hope you all have a FANTABULOUS and safe NYE!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Morning!!! Got a late start this morning, so I would love a caffeine IV.... No big plans for NYE.  We are going into Boston to go ice skating during the day but just Hanging in with family and friends in the evening.

There are great girls on this board, ones that are here regularly and sporatically. I'm not sure what went on either, but I believe and hope the drama filled ones have decided to go "home". 
  • I am still around, although mainly I just lurk on here these days. I will be so glad when this week is over! Work has been horrible! I cannot get a project to balance right and it's just driving me nuts! And I got in trouble so it's been a fun week.
  • What is this drama that everyone is speaking of?! I miss everything!

No big plans for NYE b/c DH has to work. So I may go visit him, have a few drinks to bring in the new year with him, but thats about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been here just about since the board started. 
    First issue come up when we had a troll (paigehenry) that ended up stealing personal info ect from a FB group.  At that point we did not have a mod.  With the help of the September? 2011 month board we got that under control.  At the same time DJ was made mod. 

That was a surprise because many posters were expecting someone else to be made mod.  DJ was a good mod and I think most of us were just happy to have a mod.  But some people saw it as kinda back handed of DJ and that led to the first drama. 

The second, recent drama was when a regular from this board got banned, apparently via her local board for vender activities.  DJ was kinda accused of banning her, which was not the case.  And apparently this person had been banned several times before.

Apparently some people had been rude to DJ since she was made mod, and she ended up stepping down.  Now the drama usually exists in select posts and otherwise everyone goes about their day.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Happy New Year's Eve Eve!
    I worked 3 days this week, cleaned my house and mostly was lazy!
    Nothing planned for NYE.  We are planning to cook a nice dinner at home and have a quiet, relaxing evening together!  May have oldest granddaughter, 5, spend the night.
    imageAnniversary
  • Andrew (FI) is working on New Years. Boo. Although- New Years has never been a big deal for me. Someday I'd like to spend it on an awesome NYE cruise...but otherwise- my ideal NYE is drinking some awesome awesome wine (Andrew is a sommelier) and some excellent steaks...and maybe some yummy oysters (can't seem to find those in Colorado).

Becka- thanks for the recap of the drama. Sounds like this board needs a mod that doesn't know anyone or anything about the board...maybe a couple mods. Doesn't SB of have two mods? LOL.
  • Its been an interesting time.  Hopefully most of it is behind us know. 

I don't know if we're doing anything special for NYE.  And since we haven't heard yet, we probably aren't, which is also fine be me.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm still around, though mostly lurky.

NYE we have 2 different parties we were invited to and one of our friend's bands is playing at a local brewery that we love, so we have to figure out what we're going to try to do for the evening as a whole. I'd like to only do two of the things because 3 seems crazy.

New Years day my BIG extended family is getting together for a belated Xmas party and New Years celebration.

and thankfully I have Monday off of work (hooray for paid holidays!) so I just want to veg all day and maybe poke around at designing my wedding invites, but nothing serious.
  • I've mostly been lurking myself as well since my home computer needed some major repairs and I don't always have that much time at work to post.

No major plans for NYE... my brother & SIL wil probablyl come by & we may walk to Friday's for dinner with the kiddies then play kinect & board games while drinking champagne all night. I'm going to buy some sparkling cider too so the boys can pretend they are drinking champagne with the grown ups :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • No idea what we're doing for NYE yet. I imagine it will involve lots of booze regardless. I consider PS and my month board to be my home boards. I've actually been posting on this board since the beginning and for the most part I enjoy it- I've gotten some great tips about lingerie and dress shopping and "chub rub." But I'm not a dramatic person and the craziest thing I do is dress up our cats. I have bowties for when we get our engagement pictures done because I want a few of them to be nice formal pics with our boys! I hope the super dramatic threads get a toned down a little, if for no other reason than that those threads are time vampires! 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yep, becka nailed it. Idk if I would be considered a "reg", but I've been here since this board first started. Drama comes and goes. No NYE plans here. Fi and I will probably hang around the house, and I will spend most of my time studying. We don't really lead thrilling lives. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NYE plans, going to downtown , having an early dinner in Brick Town , going to watch my OKC thunder play and then fireworks at midnight...with some drinking spread throughout!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_good-morning-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:792cd6a1-8843-4c81-9368-1bd14088fde8Post:cd767224-ade7-418f-a1b8-fdef76e43ee0">Re: Good Morning, Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been here just about since the board started.  First issue come up when we had a troll (paigehenry) that ended up stealing personal info ect from a FB group.  At that point we did not have a mod.  With the help of the September? 2011 month board we got that under control.  At the same time DJ was made mod.  That was a surprise because many posters were expecting someone else to be made mod.  DJ was a good mod and I think most of us were just happy to have a mod.  But some people saw it as kinda back handed of DJ and that led to the first drama.  The second, recent drama was when a regular from this board got banned, apparently via her local board for vender activities.  DJ was kinda accused of banning her, which was not the case.  And apparently this person had been banned several times before. Apparently some people had been rude to DJ since she was made mod, and she ended up stepping down.  Now the drama usually exists in select posts and otherwise everyone goes about their day.
    Posted by becka717[/QUOTE]

Thanks Becka for the breakdown....

I liked DJ...Well, still do...People need to get over themselves..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_good-morning-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:792cd6a1-8843-4c81-9368-1bd14088fde8Post:255a81d8-b7c4-470c-91a3-f96c82d22fe1">Re: Good Morning, Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andrew (FI) is working on New Years. Boo. Although- New Years has never been a big deal for me. Someday I'd like to spend it on an awesome NYE cruise...but otherwise- my ideal NYE is <strong>drinking some awesome awesome wine</strong> (Andrew is a sommelier) and some excellent steaks...and maybe some yummy oysters (can't seem to find those in Colorado). Becka- thanks for the recap of the drama. Sounds like this board needs a mod that doesn't know anyone or anything about the board...maybe a couple mods. Doesn't SB of have two mods? LOL.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I just bought some ChocoVine...... It is sooooooo good!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_good-morning-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:792cd6a1-8843-4c81-9368-1bd14088fde8Post:f4d967f3-1f10-4d82-bff1-d31a0559a920">Re: Good Morning, Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Ladies : I just bought some ChocoVine...... It is sooooooo good!
    Posted by cinderellasjc[/QUOTE]

We saw this in the store but opted NOT to get it because it would have been a pretty expensive experiment! Can you sort of describe what it tastes like? Is it anything like a mudslide? Super creamy tasting?

I have an issue with creamy liquors but the wine sounded reaally interesting....
  • Hi girls.

IDK if I'm considered a reg, but I post every once in a while. I read more often than post, because I can only get on in the evenings when most conversations have already died out (I'm a teacher, and home for this week!).  I guess my "home" board is my month board- that's where I post most often.

We are having my sisters, their BFs and possibly some other family over  for board games and snacks tomorrow night for NYE. We went out last year to a bar/restaurant that had a band, but they closed down over the course of the year, so we decided to stay home this year and keep it rather low-key.
    *Ashley & Anthony* *06.25.11* Anniversary

2012 Reading Challenge
    Ashley has read 8 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • I'm still around, haven't posted much the last couple of weeks because I've been on vacation. Usually I post during work while I'm bored ;-)

As for NYE, I haven't make any plans yet. FI is just getting over the stomach flu, so I'm bound to get it any minute now...
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_good-morning-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:792cd6a1-8843-4c81-9368-1bd14088fde8Post:f4d967f3-1f10-4d82-bff1-d31a0559a920">Re: Good Morning, Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning, Ladies : I just bought some ChocoVine...... It is sooooooo good!
    Posted by cinderellasjc[/QUOTE]

Is that the chocolate wine?
  • Lunar, you can find oysters, its not impossible, just avoid anything labeled "rocky mountain oysters..." haha!

I worked all week. And I'm closing at work on NYE and somehow got scheduled to open NYD... the woes of grocery stores! 

I am spending NYE after work with my FI, just watching movies and drinking :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chocolate wine is almost exaxtly like mudslide... But it is sooooo good blended with ice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards