September 2013 Weddings
Options

Something fun other than photo booth

So I am on the fence about having a photo booth at my wedding.  While i think they are fun and love that you can get a guest book and guests get to keep photos I feel like by next September it will be sort of old.  All of my friends' weddings i have been to in the last year and 1/2 have had one.  I was just wondering if anyone had any other ideas for something fun for guests?

Re: Something fun other than photo booth

• Options
    Are you looking for something like an activity for guests? Or for favors?

I agree, I can see the trend getting a bit tired...
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Although, I do love the idea of a photo booth I agree that I have seen them at so many weddings lately. I'm looking into the idea of making my own. I am going to try to get a few Polaroid cameras and having a scrapbook they can put a picture in and decorate the page. I figured I could put our own personalized spin to it so its not just like all the other ones I have seen.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_something-fun-other-than-photo-booth?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:bcfd0590-c6b6-426f-a50a-6e455733eb55Post:21a6a52b-302c-4e90-a701-f5856062c762">Re:Something fun other than photo booth</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although, I do love the idea of a photo booth I agree that I have seen them at so many weddings lately. I'm looking into the idea of making my own. I am going to try to get a few Polaroid cameras and having a scrapbook they can put a picture in and decorate the page. I figured I could put our own personalized spin to it so its not just like all the other ones I have seen.
    Posted by jtodd8[/QUOTE]

I keep seeing favor things with poloraoid but i thought they stopped producing poloroid film a long time ago - at least a few years  - so I am confused
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You can find both the camera and film on eBay or Amazon still.
  • Options
    We plan to have lawn games during our cocktail hour...should be easy to pick up a couple of games at Target and ask a friend to set it up.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was at a Bat Mitzvah and they had a flipbook booth. you go in and do something for 6 seconds and it turns it into a flipbook. they came out really funny!
  • Options
    I also saw the flipbook at a wedding once and it was lots of fun with some added props and things.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards