Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Buffet Dinner for Guests...tacky?

Getting married in September at Bellagio. Expecting 15-20 guests including kids. Wanted a nice dinner but price per person at all Bellagio restaraunts were too expensive plus with kids, wasn't much of an option. Considering the buffett at Bellagio, but is this too tacky or too casual for wedding dinner? Also, am I going to look odd in my dress there?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Buffet Dinner for Guests...tacky?

• Options
    It's Vegas, there's brides that eat at In & Out in their dresses and don't look odd LOL Buffet is absolutely fine and many brides on here have had their receptions at one WinkI say go for it!
  • Options
    Not tacky, as long as you are feeding your guests they will be happy! I wouldn't think differently if i was a guest at a reception at a buffet vs. restaurant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same concerns at first, but have really come around to the idea, I think its perfect for ensuring that everyone's needs are catered for, and I'm kind of looking forward to swishing around a buffet in my dress! (although I'll be very scared of staining it!)

I'm looking into booking the semi-private room at the Wynn buffet :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Options

Great, feeling less stressed about it, thank you!Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not tacky at all. Buffets in Vegas now heading towards the gourmet food direction. We had our wedding reception couple weeks ago at Wicked Spoon buffet at The cosmopolitan. All our guests raved about how delicious the food was and it was the best wedding reception they ever been to :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_buffet-dinner-for-gueststacky?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0f03fca6-bc1c-4583-80e9-4187c6b73cefPost:2702641a-c077-4bad-a923-655ae9099e5c">Re: Buffet Dinner for Guests...tacky?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not tacky at all. Buffets in Vegas now heading towards the gourmet food direction. We had our wedding reception couple weeks ago at Wicked Spoon buffet at The cosmopolitan. All our guests raved about how delicious the food was and it was the best wedding reception they ever been to :).
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We had ours at WS too. It was the perfect option for our guests since they each had different preferences. The food is amazing and individually plated.</div><div>
    </div><div>I didn't feel out of place in my gown either. Lots of napkins kept my gown from getting stained!

</div>
  • Options
    EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Always love seeing your review, eviliciouz. Just makes me feel so much better and confident about my decision of choosing Wicked Spoon. I think anywhere that meets the bride and groom's requirements would be fine. I agree with the flexibility of buffets. My feeling was that we are paying about the same anywhere... Might as well have all the guests, who have traveled to be there, pick whatever they like and have as much of it as they like.
  • Options
    We went to the TI buffet with 14 people.

We were there kind of late (8pm) and the waitress clued us in to a 18% surcharge for a party over 6 or 8 people (there is a sign, and it's small ... watch for it!), so we split up our group to save the $$. They tried to seat us in different parts of the dining room too, but once we got our food, we all sat together anyway, so it worked out in our favor.

Our group had a crazy range of diet needs, so we figured the best way to accomodate the most people that way was a buffet.  It was fine.
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I love the Bellagio buffet!  I think your group is the perfect size for it too.  I would call and see if they have a private room or if they can put you in your own area of the buffet.  Don't worry about having a wedding dress on .... it's Vegas and there are brides EVERYWHERE! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's tacky at all. We are doing our post wedding dinner at the Wynn buffet.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning on going to dinner at The Wynn buffet as well!! It's so amazing there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards