Florida-North Florida
Options

Oak Leaf Plantation

Has anyone gotten married there or gone to a wedding there or planning on getting married there? I just drove past it and it is sooo pretty! Wondering if anyone had any say about it... Let me know! Thanks!

Re: Oak Leaf Plantation

• Options
    griffin64griffin64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its really pretty on the outside. A girl from high school i knew got married there and she put a few pictures on fb. I can send you them if you want to see some what of what it looked like.

email me at Kelabelly10@comcast.net
  • Options
    bblove10bblove10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a really nice venue, but it is so far out.  I think you have to know a resident in order to reserve it for your wedding.  The room is very nice and elegent.  However, the carpet is done in dark earthtone colors, and doesn't really go with colors such as hot pink. Smile  You have to do the set up and clean up yourself unless you hire your caterer or a wedding planner to handle it for you.
  • Options
    Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm an October (2011) bride so I don't think the earthtones should be too much of a problem. My groom's mom's friend lives there, so the getting a resident part isn't the problem, it's the knowing someone that's actually did it. Cleaning after my reception doesn't feel like a lot of fun on my wedding night though... but that's what in-laws are for! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married in Oakleaf at the little club area that looks like and old plantation with the double staircase outside. Is this where you're talking about? IO actually got married at Eagle Landing which is right across the street and in the iakleaf area. It was beautiful and very reasonable. Any colors would go good there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like the big staircase, that's all I really want in a venue. But the stairs in the back, where the wedding would actually take place, are not the same. I'm kind of bummed about that. The back stairs are still okay, and I could get my pictures done in the front, but I'd rather actually walk down somewhere with nice spiral stairs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The outside of Country Day Castle looks almost cheesey. At least in the photos, I'll have to call.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards