Georgia-Atlanta

Unique transportation

Anyone using unique transportation for their wedding party and themselves. Prices for a Rolls Royce and Limo Bus are unbelievably expensive.

Re: Unique transportation

• edited December 2011
    We are trying to get an antique car for our transportation... I will NOT be renting, because the prices are outrageous and we just need it for transportation from the reception to hotel (about 30 minutes).
    We will be visiting car shows and talking to owners of the cars about doing this for us. Hopefully we can find someone willing to drive us for about $50 - $100.
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using a trolly.

http://www.atlantabridal.com/profiles/?C=Great-Knight-Tours&AdID=372

I put my dad on this detail, and he took it and ran with it! He must have called 20 places, I guess this was the best price!
  • edited December 2011
    One of my friends actually owns and drives a hearse as his everyday car, and we are using that as our transportation. Yeah, it's kinda dark and a little on the morbid sidem but it totally fits with in with the wedding, our colors are black and red, and we are mostly on the untraditional side.  I say find something that you love, but is kinda unexpected, like an old vw beetle, whatever fits your style.
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of asking around at car shows.

I think we're just going to get in FI's old Toyota truck.  It's really old and has character.  We can't afford to spend money on anything else...  Unless maybe we did spend $50 on one we found at a car show.

If money were no object I might like to take a ride in a horse drawn carriage and bring my daughter since she'd love it, I think.  Plus, great pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    If I had an unlimited budget I would so go for the horse drawn carriage... on our first date we went to Hard Rock and then went on a carriage ride downtown. So it would be romantic and sentimental... But to get one for the wedding is wayyyy expensive!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    MeganJ26- will you let me know if you find someone?  FI and I are also looking for a cheap transport.  I know that another knottie had used someone named- I think- Harry St. James or something?  Her name was Amy and she was featured in the actual Knot Magazine.  Maybe you could try to find his info via her?  Just an idea!  Good luck!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip, nolebride! I will see what I can find on her...
    We are still on the search right now, but my mom's hairdresser has an antique car that we might be able to use... the only problem is that it is a 2 door, so we have to go look at it :)
  • edited December 2011
    OK- if you find anyone please please please let me know!
    Can't wait to marry my man! October 28, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards