Honeymoon Discussions

sorry for asking again...

someone is saying sorrento may be a better place for us to go than positano.. im inclined to do both.. sorrento, positano, and then anacapri..  any thoughts on this itenarary?? i have not heard too much about soreento aside from the fact that it is a good jumping off point for excursions/tours of the rest of the amalfi and pompeii.
on a side note: i decided not to use the travel agent who charged us 300$. she was super rude and condescending and gave me a huge attitude when i asked her to bring the trip down to our budget!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: sorry for asking again...

• travel agents should never charge you anything. They make their money from booking the hotels.

I would skip sorrento if you are going to postiano. And maybe add a day in Capri instead. Sorrento is very cute but postiano is way better.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Actually, really high end agents do charge because of their expertise. It's away for them to weed out those who are not serious or those thatdo no have a realistic budget, since a higher end well known agent may get a ton of inquiries every day. Also, these agents are able to offer special perks, like automatic uprades, special access to tours, and the ability to plan private tours. I have dealt with an agent who charges a fee and he did it for a reason- lots of perks and knowledge.

• Ditto the comment about charging - some destination experts charge fees upfront for the reasons pps have listed. 

We were in Positano in July - LOVE it!  We drove through Sorrento, but I am so glad we stayed in Positano.  It's gorgeous and the scenery is just so dramatic.  We stayed at the Marincanto and had a wonderful experience.  Here's the view from our balcony - we had breakfast in our room every morning (breakfast is included in your price, in the restaurant or on your balcony!)

Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • ** GirlinChicago **  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your puppy pic!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_sorry-for-asking-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:a4836584-6631-410e-8e22-63d59a6528e2Post:284647fd-bb1e-4ed2-b8d9-5b09ac17c916">Re: sorry for asking again...</a>:
    [QUOTE]** GirlinChicago **  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your puppy pic!
    Posted by miranda holly[/QUOTE]

Awww, thanks! He's a good boy and a total snuggler.
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards