Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

rehearsal dinner invites?

Are these mailed completely separate from the wedding invites or do they go in with the wedding invite for the ppl that are invited to the rehearsal dinner?

Re: rehearsal dinner invites?

• Options
    We mailed ours separately, but I think it's a matter of preference.  I think my MIL waited about a week or so to send them out.

Also, I've never gotten an RD invite with a wedding invite.  They've always been separate for me.  Unless both RSVPs go back to you it doesn't make a lot of sense to send them together.
    Anniversary

• Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_rehearsal-dinner-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b5252ff1-2b5b-43a4-a427-569003d08e9ePost:43a4bb1e-b892-48d6-b003-af307fe8bc47">Re: rehearsal dinner invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We mailed ours separately, but I think it's a matter of preference.  I think my MIL waited about a week or so to send them out. <strong>Also, I've never gotten an RD invite with a wedding invite.  They've always been separate for me. </strong> Unless both RSVPs go back to you it doesn't make a lot of sense to send them together.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I've seen them as a separate insert in my invitation before.

For us, since we did such a small, casual RD, we sent out evites, and it worked great. It was easy to get a headcount, though, since there weren't that many people (around 45)
  • Options
    my MIL isnt the greatest at keeping up with things so an evite might be the answer. I'm afraid with actual rsvp's being mailed back to her that she will lose them and not know who is coming. thanks for the input ladies!!
  • Options

My MIL sent ours out seperate from wedding invites. But we did not have rsvp's with RD invites.  We had only invited our wedding party and their guests along with immediate family members so we pretty much were able to keep up with who was coming with just communication with everyone.  If it is casual I would do an evite, I've hosted 2 parties in the last few months and evite has been the easiest way to invite ppl and keep track of it.

• Options
    We did ours seperatly with no RSVP. We had a back room to ourselves though with enough room for everybody who decided to show (wedding party, close family + out of town guests).

We just sent a postcard at the postcard rate. Simple and easy. I would only advise against an evite if you have people who don't go online often, but then you could always give them a call!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards