Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Poconos, or somewhere Mountainous (lol)...

Fi and I are from south fla and would love a change of weather. Anyone have recommendations on places they already been to?

thx girls :)
Daisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

Re: Poconos, or somewhere Mountainous (lol)...

• Options
    The Canadian rockies!
  • Options
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Vermont
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Options
    Utah- Zion and Canyons
    Northern California- Yosemite
    Western Colorado

I also second the Galtinburg and Vermont recs!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    I'm from New England.. and while NH and VT have beautiful mountains.. same with PA and the Poconos.. my vote is to head west to the Rockies! I've been to Montana and Wyoming.. and I'm sure Colorado is just as magnificent! The views out there completely blow the mountains here in the northeast out of the water. They are spectacular!

Since you're getting married this time next year I HIGHLY suggest the Big Sky Resort in Montana. I went there 2 years ago for the holidays and it was amazing. It snowed the entire time and was so beautiful. They have horse drawn sleigh rides, ice skating, tubing hills, skiing, fireplaces and hot tubs in the condos you can rent, great restaurants, and you can't beat the views. If you would like to see some pictures let me know and I can send some over. HTH and GL!
  • Options
    Montana is AWESOME and so is Yellowstone (technically in Wyoming). Park City, UT is also beautiful any time of year.

My parents live near the Adirondacks, which are also quite pretty.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Vermont!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, and the Grand Tetons in Wyoming were the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen.  That is where I went for my honeymoon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Utah and highly recommend visting here.   If you can spend 7 days here, I would recommend spending a couple days in Park City in the Mountains, then drive to either Zion or Arches national park, they are both within a 5 hour drive and are very diverse.   Park City will be snowcapped mountains and COLD for Floridians, but very pretty.   Zion will be a lot warmer and the red rock formations are awe inspiring.  

• Options
    Colorado!  You have ski resorts, hot springs, "western" ranches etc.  I don't think you could go wrong with coming out west (CO, UT, WY, or MT)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_poconos-somewhere-mountainous-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:57698083-9b95-4319-91e9-492ddbf812cdPost:533407dc-38f2-4f91-959c-ba101590381a">Re: Poconos, or somewhere Mountainous (lol)...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and the Grand Tetons in Wyoming were the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen.  That is where I went for my honeymoon.
    Posted by jquirke9881[/QUOTE]

Oo! This is where I'm going! Any advice for honeymooners? I've been out there before but only with family.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    97 my bffsimage 30 dead to meimage 1 in limboimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards