California-Orange County

Free venue ideas, or nearly so?

We are from OC but are living out of state while my now fiance (as of last week!) is in school. Due to his also being in the military and school schedule we are looking at a casual wedding end of May - early June on absolutley no budget.

We would do the courthouse thing but really want his godfather to officiate. No one we know has a place big enough to accomodate about 50 people and some of the park options don't seem to allow alcohol.

We don't need anything fancy, we just want a place for our friends and family to gather for the ceremony and a simple reception. Hoping someone has done this and has an idea they can share... Thanks so much!

Re: Free venue ideas, or nearly so?

• Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • Some restaurants I've looked at don't have a venue/rental fee, but because they're a restaurant you have to use their foods. Prego Restaurante was one we were looking at but for our guest list they were going to have to use two rooms. 50 would work great for their location I think, all you have to pay for is the meal.
  • condo complex clubhouse sounds good but they dont really have a dance floor, ours looks like a huge living room. it sucks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards