New Jersey
Options

Liberty House OR Martiime Parc for January (similar price)

Hi!

I am looking at Maritime Parc or Liberty House for next January (I know winter is a bit crazy to be doing).  Does anyone have a preference?  I like Maritime Parc better inside, but I feel like their food was too posh for me (I had to google what a few things were :) ).  Any thoughts or recommendations?   Thanks!!

Sara

Re: Liberty House OR Martiime Parc for January (similar price)

• Options
    It really all depends on what you want. Are you looking for a more modern or rustic wedding? Personally, for a January wedding I would do The Liberty House mainly because it's a much warmer looking/feeling place. Maritime Parc is nice, but with all the white it might seem a little cold.

On the other hand, I've been to weddings at both venues and the food at Mariitme Parc was much better than the Liberty House. I've been to the Liberty House for dinner and thought it was great, but I think they have a hard time mass producing food quickly.

Just an idea...You should try and get a free meal out of each place to test the food. Many wedding venues that have restaurants actually do this and it's a great idea.

Just my opinion!
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!  Its so nice to hear from someone that has been to both venues.  I was guessign that the maritime parc food was better so I am leaning in that direction.  You are right in that it is very white and more of a cold atmosphere - i will have to go back and see both again keeping that in mind.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that The Liberty House is in Maritime Parc's view of the NY skyline. At Maritime Parc your paying just about the same price as The Liberty House for half of the view.
  • Options
    True, but one benefit to paritime is that the cocktail hour also has great views of the skyline whereas the liberty house doesnt...hmm I am so torn!  I think we will have to go back and visit both again
  • Options
    We had to decide between two venues too - the Palace in Somerset and the Stone House at Stirling Ridge.  Both were very different and we loved each for different reasons.  We found it helpful to make a spreadsheet and literally list different aspects of each - decor, views, open dates, places for photos, quality of bridal suite, etc. and then line by line for the menu - # of apps at cocktail hour, courses, etc. 

Seeing them head to head made a difference.  We visited both again and felt sure about our decision.  Good luck!  Both sound great! 
  • Options
    Thanks Giaspo!  I think that is a great idea!  I am going to make that spreadsheet before we go back adn visit and then we can use it as a reference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards