Snarky Brides

Re: Could this actually happen?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-this-actually-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cad0fba1-74f6-4335-915b-e630b1a316d2Post:c2c3bb4d-5608-43b9-9766-58498b114dd7">Could this actually happen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seems like a bride and a bridesmaid posted problems about each other. Quite entertaining. This is the bridesmaid: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_how-to-deal-with-a-crazy-bride_.0">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_how-to-deal-with-a-crazy-bride_.0</a> This is the bride: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-its-not-my-day-but_.0">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-know-its-not-my-day-but_.0</a>
    Posted by jwmccormick[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but $80 is pretty unreasonable for a BM dress in my neck of the woods. I don't think they exist for most weddings if you want the BMs to match (so they probably all need to buy new). Ss a BM, I would expect to pay more.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought this was fake last night and I still think it's fake.
  • Options
    I don't think it's real. They just so happen to post within a day or two of each other?

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know.   If the conflict just happened and it's fresh in their minds, there's no reason why they wouldn't post so close together.   At the same time, I think it seems too convenient.  But hell, we all like to be entertained and it's something to talk about, even if it is MUD.  

If it is true, I can see both sides, but I think I agree with the bride.   I think the BM is being stubborn.  She said she can afford it, but she just doesn't agree with spending money on the dress.   Okay, then let the bride pay.  Who cares?  If she couldn't afford it and felt like she was getting the dress in pity, I could get on board with her.
  • Options
    dragontrainerdragontrainer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-this-actually-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cad0fba1-74f6-4335-915b-e630b1a316d2Post:e1efe4e3-25ce-44bb-b83b-f94de5df7658">Re: Could this actually happen?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know.   If the conflict just happened and it's fresh in their minds, there's no reason why they wouldn't post so close together.   At the same time, I think it seems too convenient.  But hell, we all like to be entertained and it's something to talk about, even if it is MUD.   If it is true, I can see both sides, but I think I agree with the bride.   I think the BM is being stubborn.  She said she can afford it, but she just doesn't agree with spending money on the dress.   Okay, then let the bride pay.  Who cares?  If she couldn't afford it and felt like she was getting the dress in pity, I could get on board with her.
    Posted by andrea2473[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. I think the BM didn't exactly know how much BM dresses were to begin with plus alterations.

MUD or not, I LOL'd when they posted the link to the bride's post and the BM flipped out.

The regulars on TK are freaking sleuths and I love it.
  • Options
    I don't think the bride is a terrible person or being an asshole but I agree with the BM's point of view. She's probably embarrassed. 

I don't think the bride offering to pay for the rest of the dress is wrong, I just think she should have talked about this with the BM before she sent the others off to buy the dress.

IF this is real.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Even if this isn't real, it makes me kind of sad. I know when she was younger, my mom dropped out of a wedding because she couldn't afford the dress. Essentially, brides who do that are saying that their wedding vision is more important than their friend's dignity. I give the bride props for offering to pay the difference, but I personally never accept money/loans from anyone (I guess save for life/death emergencies) to keep my relationships simple and drama free. I think if the bride knew from the start the one girl's budget was much lower, she should have offered to pay the difference no matter what dress was picked out, rather than acting like this particular dress was so fabulous, she had to "help" the bridesmaid in order to get what she wanted.

Full disclosure: I have no bridesmaids, nor have I ever been one.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think the BM was embarassed about the money -- she even said she could afford the dress that the bride picked. She just thinks it's a heinous waste of money. She said she could maybe see spending $180 on a wedding dress, but never a BM dress. I don't get the impression she knows much about weddings, and she's extremely judgy about her friend is spending money.

I also think it's real because the two girls' posting styles read differently, but who really knows. If it was MUD it was well done MUD.
    Lizzie
  • Options

I think it is fake.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If this actually happened, it's making me have sympathy for the bride I didn't have before when I first read the original complaint against the BM. That BM is obviously out to lunch when it comes to how much things cost for a wedding, and so judgey!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards