Interracial Weddings
Options

Two weddings in 2 days

My fiance is South Indian and I am part Irish and 3/4 Russian Jew and originally he did not want to do an Indian ceremony so we completely planned our wedding with only American elements. A few weeks ago his aprents decided they also wanted a condensed Indian ceremony and reception to take place the day before so we are now having two full weddings on 2 days and will be skipping the traditional rehearsal dinner and instead doing our rehearsal for our American wedding on the morning of the Indian wedding which will begin at 1:00 pm and the reception will end around 7. 
 While I must admit I am very excited to be able incorporate my FI's culture into our wedding, I am a little overwhelmed at the thought of having two rehearsals, two weddings and I have single handedly had to plan the entire Indian wedding myself in two weeks. Has anyone else ever done anything similar to this? I would appreciate any words of wisdom.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Two weddings in 2 days

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why are you having to plan it by yourself? If your FI's parents decided they would like a condensed ceremony (which, by the way, should be super fun. I've been to a few indian weddings and they were a blast! But like..all day events) then why aren't they are your FI helping you to plan this out? Especially if you only have two weeks to pull this off, I would try to recruit as many of his family members you can to give you ideas, suggestions, traditions for your wedding. I wish you luck, I'm sure it will turn out amazing =)
    Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree- pull those in-laws in to help out!!  Also, check out the South Indian board for help too!!  You're in good company over there as most of us are mixed couples as well. 

I'm not sure what all you are doing in your condensed version, but my hunch is you're having a fire and walking around it, exchanging garlands, etc.  You need help with some of that!! (Pesky fire codes, etc)  We're doing 2 weddings, but one here and one in India.  We're not sure what all we're going to do in the condensed version there because it is so much work for my in-laws to plan.  And they are Indian.  In India.  So don't feel like you need to do this alone - ask for help!!!

What all are you planning on doing?  Maybe we can help too!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for your assistance. My inlaws did not really assist very much but they came out to visit and appeared to approve of everything we have done so far, and now we just have to get the ceremony information from the priest and design the mandap...
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards