New Jersey - South

tonights topics:Registry

Where did you guys register at?

What did you register for?

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet?

IF you didnt register why didnt you??

Re: tonights topics:Registry

• kelly1017kelly1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you register at?
    * We reistered at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target

* The typical stuff. We already have a house together so we did not need a lot. We mostly updated our appliances, etc. I did go crazy in the baking dept, candles, K-cups and bedding!!! 

What advice do you have for people who haven't registered yet?
    * TAKE YOUR TIME and think about what you really need first. It's a really fun process but try not to get to carried away with silly things. Oh and make sure who register for items in differnent price ranges.
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you guys register at? Bed Bath & Beyond, Macys, & Target

What did you register for? Tons of household stuff...kitchen, bath, bedroom etc...we also registered for a Wii and for some board games and cookbooks.

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet?  My advice would be to go to the store first to get started and then update and add to the registry online later. Scan first...think later !!

N/A
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ok thank you ladies for answering those questions, i havent registered and its been a big toss up if  i would or wouldnt but i decided i would so now i have a good start on where to do it and better to go to the store and check out the stuff.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Where did you guys register at?  Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target.

What did you register for? Various home items.

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet?  Don't worry if you change your mind after you get a gift:  most stores with whom you have a registry are very good about returns.
  • rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bed Bath & Beyond

It feels like everything in the store at bed bath and beyond

What advice do you have for people who haven't registered yet?
    Look at the list that they give you at the stores... ask the people that work at the store if something might get discontinued! it happened to us!! half of our stuff they dicontunued and we didnt know!

IF you didn't register why didn't you??

• edited December 2011
    Where did you guys register at?  Bed Bath & Beyond and Target

What did you register for?  EVERYTHING!  We figure these are for gifts, there are things with every price range, so we thought, will we need it?  if the answer was maybe we put it down!  We jsut bought a house, and we dont have all the little appliances or anything really, so all that stuff was put down!  We too put a Wii down!

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet?  be prepared to be there for HOURS!  I think it took us about 5 hours the first time we went to BB&B and then we've probably spent another hour abuot 3 more times there.  Target, I usually do it online because they dont have as much in store as online.
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you guys register at? Macy's and Target

What did you register for? LOL, my FI approached me with a straight face and asked if we could register for a LCD TV (not a small one, like a 60" tv). But seriously, we aren't finished registering but so far we have put a lot of kitchen items on the list.  I still have to register for bedding and bathroom stuff.

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet?  Get everything that you like and want.  If you decide afterwards that you don't want it or won't use it you can always take it back, get a gift card and use it later! 

N/A
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you guys register at? Bed Bath and Beyond and Target

What did you register for? Various household things that we wanted but wouldnt necessarily buy for ourselves.  We also registered for a cake topper and cake server.  We went around each store like 3 times before we decided to register

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet? Have FUN!! it is a blast.  and like the PP stated, register for things in different price groups. 

And i was torn on whether or not to register because i didnt want a shower.  We live together and already have a house...however my FMIL insisted that I have a shower so i figured that i may as well get things i want!!  Home Depot is also a great place to register.

Hope this helps
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    Bed Bath and Beyond and a few items at Crate and Barrel

Not too much.  I already own a house so I have pretty much everything I need.  Just looking to update some things so it's a pretty small registry.  I'm not having a shower so I didn't need to register for a lot.

What advice do you have for people who havent registered yet?
    Take your time.  Don't torture your fiance by dragging him every time you want to scan some stuff.  :)

• JenGin74JenGin74 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't register because I felt weird essentially telling people what to buy. Aside from one gift, every thing else was cash.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards