Michigan-Lansing
Options

Cateers

I am planning a wedding and I am trying to keep my budget down. I was thinking of doing my own food but the more I think about it the more stressful it is. I am trying to find a cateer that is under $10. Is there such a thing? If anyone knows of anyone please let me know.  Thanks

Re: Cateers

• Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of anything that cheap. Do you already have a location? Woodshire Place in Fowlerville is very reasonably priced (around $23 per person including the hall, setup, food, soft drinks, and etc.). Here is their website. http://www.woodshireplace.com/. I do have a buffet pricing document that I could send you if you email me, jodyk23 at hotmail dot com.

Another option may be to order out from a restaurant. I live in Howell and Gus' Carryout (http://www.thegreekchefs.com/gco/index.htm) has some good options. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only place I have heard of that cheap is through a Knight of Columbus hall - they were right around the 9$ mark. 

We are using Morton's Fine Catering in Lainsburg - www.mortonsfinecatering.com - and are pretty reasonable.  We were able to get them to commit to 2009 prices for our wedding in 2011 - which was the deciding factor since other places wouldn't secure prices until 60 - 90 days out. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Adeline Leigh and they weren't under $10, but right around there depending on what exactly you order.  They are based in Wyoming, MI (by Grand Rapids) but travel to Lansing at no extra charge.  We got a lot of compliments on our food.  adelineleighweddings.com  (I think that's the site, or just google them)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using a guy names Rick Benson. He is a personal caterer and he has a lot of experience. He is around $15/person but that includes appetizers, food, non-alcoholic drink, and cake for everyone. I thought that was an excellent price! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards