Connecticut

Trash the dress problem... :(

I really wanted to do a TTD shoot next fall, my problem is the night of my wedding at like 3 am  I busted my dress. ( drunk, being silly in the hotel) it was half unzipped I sat down and literally busted/ripped out the whole back of the dress and its its pretty much not able to be repaired. My question is would it be silly to buy another dress that is similar. I really loved the idea and want to do it still. I thought maybe buying a used dress or a dress from a trunk show or on sale. super cheap would be a good idea. any opinons on it?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Trash the dress problem... :(

• mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did a trash the dress shoot and the pictures were amazing.  She bought a $100 dress from David's Bridal.  After all the big expenses of your big day whats a little more to make that last wish comer true :0) Have fun and enjoy it!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think if you really want to do a TTD, buy another dress, why not?  you can definitely grab one cheap at DB or try the Bridal Mall during one of their big sample sales...i think the prices start at like $200.
  • edited December 2011

I just wanted reassurance that I wasn't being nuts. haha. Good I really want to do it and I feel good about doing it now becuase some of my friends who arent married or engaged think the TTD is lame anyway so I needed advice from actual brides :)

• edited December 2011
    When I did my e-pic shoot with my photographer, he mentioned TTD shoots that he's done and I had asked if girls really wanted to "ruin" their beloved dress from their wedding day.  He said the same thing that you were planning, that a lot of girls get dresses from David's Bridal or online and just rock that for the shoot so that it looks similar but they can keep their original wedding dress nice if they want.  And I agree with PP that what's a cheap dress/one more expense when you've already had your wedding.  If it's something you want to do, go for it!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I think that the whole point of a TTD shoot is to wear your original dress. If it's a different dress, then it's more like bridal portraits, but that's just my opinion. :)
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_trash-dress-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:3c024172-de7b-471d-a53f-7789ab3ed476Post:ce59dfce-1c11-4fde-b4d8-c06096c2a2f4">Re: Trash the dress problem... :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that the whole point of a TTD shoot is to wear your original dress. If it's a different dress, then it's more like bridal portraits, but that's just my opinion. :)
    Posted by gdizzle[/QUOTE]

Ditto I agree. I think it would be kinda strange to see pics of me in another dress. If you are going to trash yours anyway and it is damaged would you really even notice? Can you still work with it maybe?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_trash-dress-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:3c024172-de7b-471d-a53f-7789ab3ed476Post:ce59dfce-1c11-4fde-b4d8-c06096c2a2f4">Re: Trash the dress problem... :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that the whole point of a TTD shoot is to wear your original dress. If it's a different dress, then it's more like bridal portraits, but that's just my opinion. :)
    Posted by gdizzle[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way- but again, just opinions. If it was me, I'd try to salvage my original dress. Personally I would feel odd doing it in another dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In order to fix the dress it would have to be re made almost so it would be like paying to have a dress hand made. I really ripped it up when the zipper ripped the whole back of the dress fell apart. Davids bridal isn't the superior craftsmen of dresses. Plus I got it for real cheap and fixing it would cost more then I actually paid doesn't sound right. If it was a cheap fix I'd do it but it's literally trashed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards