Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Elopement Planning

We are planning to get married in Gatlingburg with just us and our kids since this is our 2nd wedding each. We will have no other guests at the wedding. What planning do I need to concentrate on? I know I need to decide on a chapel and dresses for the girls but other than that I"m at a loss.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Elopement Planning

• Options
    Congratulations!  If your kids are going to be there, then it's not an elopement, just a really small destination wedding.

You can focus on as much or as little as you want.  The nice thing about small weddings is that you can inclue or exclude any thing that you want.  I would say that a location, officiant, and photographer are probably your most pressing planning concerns. From there you can plan flowers, music, food, or whatever. 
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Figure out what is needed to apply for a marriage license in Gatlingburg. Schedule time off of work. I'm not sure how detail oriented an elopement needs to be. When my dad got eloped, it was just kind of a court house deal. She didn't have a wedding dress, flowers, DJ or all that other stuff. They did, however, take everyone to dinner afterwards at a local restaurant.
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jasmynelewisjasmynelewis member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    We are getting married in Gatlinburg in December at Chapel at the Park. Really, all I had to do was call and give them my preferences for most things, pick a dress for myself and the kids, book a hotel room, and pick out a wedding announcement. It has been a very painless process. My first wedding was in Gatlinburg as well, different chapel but also super easy. Sevier County also has an online marriage license application process, then you just show up with proper ID and sign all the paperwork with your Groom to be. We are also doing a dinner reception at The Peddler. They have some nice packages and decor for reasonable prices if that's something you are interested in for your big day. Just reread and saw you are looking for a chapel. Beware of deceiving pictures online for many chapels. First wedding was at Chapel in the Glen and I cried when we got there and realized how tiny it was there. I walked the aisle in 4 or 5 steps and waited forever for the song to end. A friend got married in Pigeon Forge at a wedding resort that was nice but I can't remember the name for the life of me. Eight Gables Inn does beautiful weddings, brother married there, and Sugarland chapel on the Parkway in Gatlinburg is beautiful, SIL got married there. We really love those mountains! They are our second home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards