Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Alterations Guesstimation

How much should I expect to pay for alterations? I realize it COMPLETELY depends on various things, but I am wondering what the ranges are. I did some googling but came up with different answers. I'm thinking worst case scenario, it will be a lace bottom that needs hemmed, sides taken it slightly past the hips to create a trumpet silhouette, added sweetheart... I'm just wondering because I found a cheaper dress that will have few alterations and a more expensive dress that will have more alterations... And I will probably use the great and powerful Becky :)
Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride

Re: Alterations Guesstimation

• Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a lace dress had it bottom hemmed it was taken from a size 8 to a size 0-2- a sweatheart neckline was added and it cost me 100 from becky
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Becky and had her hem the bottom up about an inch, the neckline altered into a sweetheart neckline and a french bustle for $108
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I paid $125 for hem, taking the dress in, cups sewn in and a bustle. 

Her prices are a little all over the place but I've never seen anything that even approached $200 I don't think.
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a french bustle and about an inch hem for $108 from Becky. I doubt very much you'll pay more than $125 if you go to her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks so much! This really helped me out. I also forgot to add that I would also do a bustle (isn't that where the lift off the train for reception?). This thread was helpful because I had NO idea.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards