Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

cape cod STD

I tried to find some save the date inspiration in all the posts but it's taking me forever to sort through them so I figured I'd just ask:

Did any of you use cape cod themed std's? We are having a relatively formal wedding and would like to keep the stds understated but cute. Any ideas? I could definitely put a design together myself but I can't figure out how to find images I can use, i.e. a map of the cape or illustration of a lobster or light house. Very frustrated and running out of time.

Any help or inspiration would be GREATLY appreciated.
September 25, 2010!

Re: cape cod STD

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine did simple layered STDs with a starfish stamp to make them more "Cape-y". I have also seen people use postcards and print their info on the back, like this:
    www.cottagesbythesea.info/images/ccpostcardA.jpg" alt="" width="429" height="302" />.
    Here is one from Etsy:
    Cape Cod Block Island Lighthouse Wedding Invitation or Save the Date
    I just included a little map on the back of my STD postcard to give people an idea of where Falmouth is, since most of my guests have never been to the Cape. I'm thinking about buying the lighthouse stamps from the post office-- they are lighthouses from the gulf, but a lighthouse is a lighthouse, right?

Could I also just say I looked at your bio and I love some of your inspiration photos! I'm going with eggplant BM dresses as well, and the Jim Hjelm version of it is really pretty in person.
  • Options
    jescahilljescahill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a gift shop on the Cape and bought "Greetings from Cape Cod" postcards with a great little cartoonish map  on it and we marked exactly where Harwich was with a shapie on the front. We ran them through our printer and printed out the necessary info and address -- can't get much more "authentic" than using real postcards. I'd bet if you're not able to get down to the Cape to get them a shop like The Mayflower in Chatham would mail you a bunch.
  • Options
    Mystic619Mystic619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered ours from this web site, and they had a lot of really cute destination save the dates.  There are some with beach chairs, lighthouses, shells, etc.  I had started making my own and then got very "frustrated and running out of time" too and just ordered them!  Good luck, hope this link works. http://www.invitationsbydawn.com/caspage1.cfm?page=1&recordsperpage=12&group=STDCasEnsDD&menu=None&format=STDCasEnsDD&lCriteria=3460&strcontinue=yes&strsearch=yes
  • Options
    erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just sent out mine from Jen at Dulce Press www.dulcepress.com. Look under Save the Dates tab, she has lots of Cape designs!  Also along my research I found this site www.martykellynantucket.com which also seems to have some and will customize.
  • Options
    CaitlinB516CaitlinB516 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You guys are amazing, thank you thank you thank you. It definitely gives me something to work with!

And Karen's MOH, thanks for the compliments, what colors are you pairing with the eggplant? I need to find that Jim Hjelm dress asap, the girls love it.

September 25, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we will have champagne/gold accents with the eggplant. I'm trying to limit the amount of purple because I have a tendency to go overboard with it (my brother called me the purple people eater in junior high because ALL of my clothes were purple!).

I'm a big fan of Jim Hjelm dresses in general-- both weddings I have been BMs in were JH dresses. I just find they fit really well. A little pricier than others but I'd rather pay an extra $20 or so and look good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did postcards, and got a ton of positive comments about them.  We purchased full-sheet stickers from Avery and I designed the back of the postcard , so we didnt have to fit necessarily into the pre-markings on the back of the card.  I was careful to stick to the postal codes (there needs to be a certain amount of space on the bottom, i left an empty space for the address labels and stamps, too.

ONE drawback ... postage.  We went with postcards because the postage on them is less expensive and it would save us a little money.  We got everything done ... and the only postcard stamps were polar bears!  I really just wanted them out at that point ... so on went the polar bear stamps and out went the postcards.  If anyone noticed, they haven't mentioned it to us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JME that's pretty funny about the polar bears. How bizarre! As a guest I'm sure I wouldn't notice, and if I did, I would probably just think it's cute because I love animals :)
  • Options
    jescahilljescahill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea, we got the polar bear ones too, guess that's the only postcard stamp the USPS is making this time of year! The ladies at the PO showed me the beautiful full price stamps they have for weddings but I still wanted to do the cheaper postage so polar bears it is! HA! Nothing says Summer Cape Cod wedding like polar bears!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late on this post, but I also had to comment and laugh about the polar bears. I sent out my STD postcards in the Spring and all I could do was laugh about it.

My STDs were Cape Cod themed postcards that I created on Zazzle. Everyone loved them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    missusbee i love your save the dates, they so cute!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards