Military Brides

The National Guard...

...saved my parents' house.
There was a huge fire and it came onto their property.  It burned down their neighbors house, but the National Guard landed in my parents' pasture and got water from their pond and put the fire out.  If it wasn't for them their house plus all the houses around them would be gone.  Sad the neighbor lost his house, but super thankful they stopped it from burning anything else!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The National Guard...

• calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, was this recently?  I'm so glad your parents are safe, and that their house is okay.  And I'm glad the neighbor got out okay, too!  Better a house than a life.  Hopefully he has insurance.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

Soooo happy to hear that they were successful in saving the house! It's nice to have a personal story of how the National Guard has helped you... albeit not the best circumstances.
    Poor neighbour :/

• edited December 2011
    Wow that's awesome! 
    Btw did the National Guard help with any flooding problems near them? Or do anything for Irene around you? (I saw a pic on CNN of soldiers helping people on an article about how FEMA is running out of money)
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome! 
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    It was yesterday.  They are definitely lucky and super thankful for the National Guard.  That was 1 fire from yesterday.  It burned about 200 acres and a few buildings.  Pretty crazy.  In Oklahoma City there are about 33 homes that were destroyed by fires yesterday. 
    Here's an article about the one around my parents http://www.news-star.com/features/x549428199/Raging-grass-fire-burns-200-300-acres-in-areas-of-Tecumseh-Bethel-Acres

Really scary but glad they got the fires out.  There are still hot spots in some areas that they're keeping an eye on so hopefully no flare ups happen.

And they live in Oklahoma so they didn't get any flooding from Irene, but super thankful for the Guard. As many houses that got destroyed they saved a lot more.  I know my parents are super thankful as am I
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards