Connecticut
Options

Photographer!!

Looking for a wedding photographer!! Someone who is affordable and as a photojournalism style.  My wedding is rustic chic so I am looking for someone who is comfortable with outdoor elements and can caputre natural moments.    Any Suggestions?!?!  Also, if you know the price of the photog you are suggesting can you list with the name? Thanks!

Re: Photographer!!

• Options

I am a huge fan of Eric Brushett. Check out his website at ericbrushett.net  I believe his packages range from $1,900 to $5,000, but he can work with you on what you want and don't want with a custom package. My wedding is a rustic/vintage feel in a barn and he totally gets what I am going for.

Are you getting married in CT or ME?

• Options

Brooke of Brooke Allison Photography is amazing! I am having a rustic wedding as well.  Her packages are around $3000 but can be adjusted for different items.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_photographer-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:afaaa4ea-5fd0-4e0f-9af7-5a406e196285Post:5424e5ff-863f-4396-b908-aec39ba8ae7a">Re: Photographer!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a huge fan of Eric Brushett. Check out his website at ericbrushett.net  I believe his packages range from $1,900 to $5,000, but he can work with you on what you want and don't want with a custom package. My wedding is a rustic/vintage feel in a barn and he totally gets what I am going for. Are you getting married in CT or ME?
    Posted by Corkey450[/QUOTE]

Agree! we just booked Eric! We went with package number two which is $2395 for 10hrs on ur day,free 3 hr engagement session, fully touched up photos and they are burned onto a dvd for us to have and do whatever we want with them, as well as a canvas engagement photo guestbook for the wedding. I believe he has 3 or 4 different packages, but is very easy going and will switch stuff around to meet your needs. I am also having a rustic chic wedding and wanted the "non traditional" photos. more candid and caught the moment and emotion of the day. After researching tons of photographers we finally met with Eric and loved his style, and we could easily relate to him! HTH!
    --Christine
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I booked with AE Stelzer in Boston- she made a package to fit my $1,000 budget- but she is amazing and super affordable!
  • Options
    We also went with Eric!  He was the first vendor we booked and were looking for the same style as you with an affordable rate, plus he is super nice and great to work with so far!!
  • Options
    We are using Krisrae photography from Middletown, we absolutely love them! I think packages started at around $2500 (including an e-shoot) but you can get pretty much everything including all the extras for about $5000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Our photographer is TAB Photographic (Tim)--his style is photojournalistic, and he's really creative and a cool guy. And most likely, he's well within your budget! (he can work with most budgets--and starts around the same price as some of those mentioned above.) We loved our engagements pics, and can't wait to see what he does for our wedding photos! :)

Def. check him out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    she is good & affordable too- check out
    http://momentsbymelaniect.com/
  • Options
    Bella photo or bella photography is very affortable $1000 and up
    Claudia www.fabuluxephotos.com - $3000 and up
    Della Bella www.dellabellaphotography.com - $2000 and up
    Mary www.justinmaratz.com - expensive but they are worth it.
    abc
  • Options
    I had a limited budget so I chose Portrait New England because they were fairly new and still building their business. They gave me a great deal: 2 photographers, full day coverage, a disk of all the pictures, and an album for $1500. I know they have gotten a lot more popular now though and their prices have probably gone up but it would be worth looking into- they were awesome to work with.

Another photographer that we LOVED but who was waaaay out of our budget is Eric Limon. His packages start at $4500. He's amazingly talented though.
  • Options
    We are so far away but I will be looking/booking early to save some $. Currently looking at Barwa ($2800 I believe). He worked at the wedding we were in this past summer. Can't remember the link now but just google barwa photography.
  • Options
    Marisa at Sassy Mouth Photo in Meriden! She's super creative and great at the photojournalistic look - and her outdoor, natural shots are gorgeous! I don't know if her prices have changed, but when we booked her this summer she was like $1400 for 6 hours...and you get a album! I couldn't find anyone else of her quality that could beat that price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kdp574kdp574 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions.  I was hoping to spend around $1500 to $2000 for a package, but I'm finding that might not be too realistic.  I have a lot of research to do!
  • Options
    I love Kiva Sutton with annandalephotography.com. He is amazing :) definetly worth checking out! I hope this helps, good luck with the wedding ! ~Steff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards