Jewish Weddings

Not Wedding Related - Advice Needed On Moving To Florida

Hi I was hoping some of the Florida Jewish Knotties could offer some advice on moving to South Florida.

We are looking for a family friendly Jewish area - access to shuls, kosher food and restaurants and good Jewish day schools.  Preferably a large Conservative / Traditional Jewish community (we are NOT black hat, very much a part of the modern world but we like to live a Jewish life if you know what I mean).

Huge bonus if you can suggest a very walkable area, I know this is hard to come by in Florida but we really enjoy being able to walk to supermarkets, drug stores, libraries, schools, shopping, etc.

Right now I am thinking maybe Boca would be a good fit for us, but can you suggest a specific area perhaps, we really don't know the area that well.

Thanks for any advice. ~rachiemoo 

ps happy passover!
image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not Wedding Related - Advice Needed On Moving To Florida

• I grew up in South Florida and can recommend some places.  A very large Jewish community lives in Hollywood.  My soon-to-be in-laws live in the Emerald Hills neighborhood which is walkable to nearby restaurants and temples that range from orthodox to more conservative.  My FI and all of his friends went to University School at Nova from elementary - high school.  It is private but a really good school.  Boca is fine but is way more upscale and (hate to say it) snobby.  However it is a really nice area.

My condolences on moving to South Florida though!  I moved to Colorado 3 years ago and could never go back (even though our families live there).  Good luck!
  • i would look into central boca area montaya circle/boca del mar 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards