Wedding Reception Forum
Options

how to choose music?

We will be having huge range of age groups at the reception.  people in our parents age 50's- 60's to people our age early 20's - 30's really not too many inbetween.  Anyone have a good play list they would like to share?  what songs should be on our must play list?  I like todays hits, my fiance likes the 80's and 90's.
any suggestions would be great!
I am thinking of playing all the single ladies for my bouquet toss...

Re: how to choose music?

• Options
    This is a link to my DJ's website, they have some awesome planning tools that you can use for free. If you click on "Searchable music database" and then "most requested songs" it lets you look at popular choices by decade (50s through 10s), event (bouquet toss, father daughter dance, etc.) or by most requested overall.
    Hope you find this helpful! Choosing music has been one of the most fun parts of planning for us so far.
    http://www.czonemusic.com/wedding-planner.php

184image Invited
    98image Accepted
    57image Declined
    30image Waiting
  • Options
    The only request my DJ had was No single ladies, its overdone LoL...We are doing Maneater by Hall and Oates I think..not sure yet and Dude Looks Like A Lady for the garter...we want comedic relief. Our mixture is some of FI and mine favorites, some 80s, 90s, new..and some classics from way back
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    Play what you wanna play and just throw in some oldies for the older group. Like some jazz or old 50's tunes.
  • Options
    i have a play list in my married bio of some of the songs we played.

we also had a meeting with our DJ a few weeks before the wedding. it was really helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards