New York
Options

Ddiva (and a vent about premature Vendor Recs)

@Ddiva-  This is the CENTRAL New York board.... not New York City.  While some of your posts here have been welcome, your recommendations are inappropriate for this board.  Please remove them from the Vendor Recs post. 

On a side note (and this is not just Ddiva guilty)... I think it's more beneficial to recommend a vendor AFTER you actually have experience with them.  The Vendor Rec's thread (sticky at the top) was created for girls to review their vendors after the event, so others can benefit from their experience.  "ZOMG, I totes love my photog that I just booked" (before they have ever snapped a single picture of you) doesn't do anyone any good.  If they have been professional to deal with/communicate with, that's one thing and worth spreading on the board itself... but to post in the Vendor Rec's thread on someone who you haven't actually dealt with yet just seems like jumping the gun.  Just my 2 cents.

...:::steps off soap box now:::.....
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Ddiva (and a vent about premature Vendor Recs)

• Options
    I was wondering who the heck ddiva was, thanks Monica for writing a post about it.  Didn't see the vendor post until you mentioned it, and even I haven't posted on that board because I haven't officially "used" most of my vendors yet.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    No prob, kk!!  It just makes sense (to me at least)... to review someone after you actually have something legit to review.  Everyone (almost) is super duper nice and sweet when you sign their contract, kwim?  It's how they perform on the big day that really matters.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ddiva-vent-premature-vendor-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:ef7cd7c7-5472-464b-a344-4a1f529e2605Post:d6aede52-1a4b-405a-b4db-05e539ce759e">Re: Ddiva (and a vent about premature Vendor Recs)</a>:
    [QUOTE]No prob, kk!!  It just makes sense (to me at least)... to review someone after you actually have something legit to review.  Everyone (almost) is super duper nice and sweet when you sign their contract, kwim?  It's how they perform on the big day that really matters.
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Abbbbsolutely :)
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ddiva-vent-premature-vendor-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:ef7cd7c7-5472-464b-a344-4a1f529e2605Post:d6aede52-1a4b-405a-b4db-05e539ce759e">Re: Ddiva (and a vent about premature Vendor Recs)</a>:
    [QUOTE]No prob, kk!!  It just makes sense (to me at least)... to review someone after you actually have something legit to review.  Everyone (almost) is super duper nice and sweet when you sign their contract, kwim? <strong> It's how they perform on the big day that really matters.
    </strong>Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Everyone is nice when they want your business.
  • Options
    DEFINITELY. My vendors were GREAT ... until the day of ... and the days after ... even til NOW ... UGH!!!!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I had vendors that I thought were pretty good (not great) and it wasnt until my sisters wedding 5 months later that I realized more so how not great they were. Still good, but certainly not recommendable over my sisters vendors. So to recommend them before they actually perform their svc is crazy.

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards