Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Thursday

Good morning!

Last night was my return to running after almost a week off.  I was still really sore from my workout the day before, but I managed 3 miles on pace and 1 mile at a slow jog.  My legs are pretty sore today.

I have to run an errand after work tonight so I won't be getting any gym time.  Instead I'll do 30 mins of kickboxing when I get home.  And lots and lots of stretching.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout Accountability: Thursday

• Options
    I ran my 5k at usual pace last night.  I've been pretty sore (shins/ankles) after runs lately so I think it's time for new shoes (with this next pair I will keep better track of mileage on them). Overall, it was nice to get my mind off of everything and get to the gym.  Tonight I'm starting phase one of funeral travels and wont be back to exercising until Monday.  
  • Options
    lbarr, I'm glad you were able to get a nice run in to clear your head a bit.  Again, so sorry for your loss and safe travels this weekend.
  • Options

lbarr- thoughts & prayers during your travels <<hugs>>
    Jude- take care of those sore muscles!!  Maybe swap a hard workout for yoga this week, until you're feeling back to normal?

I actually did yoga this morning, and I am feeling much better.  I have a group run this evening, and I'm kind of excited to try out my new handheld water bottle thingy-jig.  I had a belt one, but it bounced too much & it was really annoying.  I also got a new headlamp so I'll see how it does tonight. 

Keep up the good work ladies!!

• Options
    Medi,  yeah I'll be skipping over the sections that work the legs or involve weights tonight.  I'll pretty much be working mostly my arms and core.  I don't have any yoga dvds that I like unfortunately. 

Also, I was wondering about the water bottle thing you had for your waist.  Was there no way to tighten it so it didn't bounce?  I'm a little worried that when I start running outside again about what to do for water.  Let me know how you like your new holder, I don't think I've ever seen one that wasn't around the waist.
  • Options
    Did 30 minutes on the elliptical last night and 15 minutes of weight training. I don't know why but the elliptical seemed to really take it out of me last night!

I'd like to get my endurance up for more strenuous workouts, gonna have to work on that.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jude- I adjusted it to be as small as it can be, but it still bounces.  I tried putting it over my butt & it bounced really bad, so I tried spinning it around to be over my tummy (yes, ebarrassingly enough, it looked just like a fanny pack) and it STILL didn't stay put.  I even tried pushing it lower on my hips but it just will not stay put.  I thought about getting a belt that holds like 2 or 4 small water bottles instead of one big one, but I am just not interested in paying that much money again for something I will end up hating.

I got one that fits on my hand instead.  It isn't too tight so I can switch hands if I want, but it can be adjusted to fit snugly so you don't have to grip the bottle the entire run.  I'll let you know tomorrow if I like it!
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss, lbarr & be safe traveling!

I just finished Day 5 of the 30DS at Level One. I swear Circuit One is harder than two or three. Those push ups and squat presses KILL me. I have been using 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes as my weights since I don't own any hand weights, but I used one to cook with last night. I used smaller cans of beans today instead, but maybe I should invest in some hand weights so I don't have to keep rooting through my pantry.

I am hoping to move to Level Two after 10 days, so we'll see. I feel like my posture is improving, or maybe I am just more conscious of it. Either way, I am enjoying the work out and am anxious to weigh myself on Sunday to see what has happened this week!

Keep up the good work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards