Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Photo locations

Hi all,

I'm getting married at Holy Trinity in Robinson Township and we're having our reception at Quicksilver in Midway.

Any suggestions of where to take pictures in between? We were thinking Settler's Cabin Park, but I'm not totally thrilled by it. I'm not super familiar with this part of town, hopefully one of you out there is.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photo locations

• carcrashheartcarcrashheart member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You could head over to Moon Park if you have time, that's not too far away (7-10 min maybe?). There's also a water fall down along Campbell's Run Road-an old knottie got permission to get her pictures taken there, so that's an option (I'm not sure who she contacted for permission though-I would guess the building/company that has the waterfall on their property).

Another old knottie had her reception at Quicksilver, but I'm not sure where she did her pictures. They may have just done them right around there, because I think she also had her ceremony there but I can't quite remember.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bubs711Bubs711 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ndsharkey - I think I sort of know you IRL through Meagan and Steve and Stage 62 (I'm thier friend, Sophia).  I think I saw your e-pics through Meagan or Becki on FB - you did them at the theater, didn't you?  (Not a crazy stalker, just have seen you in a few shows and think you're adorable.  Plus Meagan was telling me about you getting married.)

I second the waterfall on Campbell's Run Road - very pretty!  (Hi Carcrash!)

I'm not sure if it's too far out of the way, but is there something nice on the RMU campus?  We did some of ours on La Roche's campus.  Maybe RMU has some gardens or something.  My DH says that Quicksilver itself has some nice places for photo opps.  Maybe you could scout it out.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ndsharkeyndsharkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sophia! Thanks for the info. and that's me :)

I would love to do wedding photos at the theater too, but that seemed like over kill.

Quicksilver is gorgeous, but they won't let us take photos on the course (I guess someone got hit with a golf ball a few years ago and sued). I will have the check out RMU. My FI is opposed to Cambell's Run Waterfall because he says it reminds him of his High School Dances...too bad because I thought it was a cute idea!

Thanks for the advice though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards