June 2013 Weddings

planning

I'm nervous about how smooth the planning is going for me lol. People are sticking to the timelines (except my cousin lol). Already I have 1 bridesmaid, 1 jr. bridesmaid, and the flower girl that has their dress. My other bridesmaid will be ordering hers at the end of Sept. My cousin (who is better off than I am with money) is waiting on the jr. bridesmaid dress to go on sale at David's Bridal before she buys it. I tried to keep the cost down by picking (what I thought) was a reasonably priced dress. It's $109 with my discount for buying my dress there it's about $100 or so. Evidently, she wants to make a big deal out of it. Whatever.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: planning

• Did you ask your cousin what get budget for a dress is? Regardless of her financial situation she may not want to spend that kind of money on a dress that will be worn once. If your wedding is not until June she has plenty of time to order the dress and see if it goes on sale. If the dress is not in her budget she wants to spend you should really either find something that us in her price range or cover the difference.
  • Honestly, $109 is a very  reasonable price. One thing you may want to tell the peraon purchasing the dress is that when something goes on sale at David's Bridal typically that means that the dress is on it's way out which can mean a few things for your cousin: either they will no longer be abe to order the dress and you have to pray that a store nearby has it in stock in your cousins size since David's will not ship a dress from store to store OR that she has a very limited time to order it and getting the dress to the store may take a long time since production is limited. I got all this information when I asked a sales rep why my wedding dress was on sale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:planning:[QUOTE]Honestly, 109 is a very nbsp;reasonable price. One thing you may want to tell the peraon purchasing the dress is that when something goes on sale at David's Bridal typically that means that the dress is on it's way out which can mean a few things for your cousin: either they will no longer be abe to order the dress and you have to pray that a store nearby has it in stock in your cousins size since David's will not ship a dress from store to store OR that she has a very limited time to order it and getting the dress to the store may take a long time since production is limited. I got all this information when I asked a sales rep why my wedding dress was on sale. Posted by katiereith[/QUOTE]

Thank u! I keep checking the website just in case that happens. I'll wait a little while and if it doesn't go on sale I'll just split the cost with her :
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Doing better than me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards