Favors

Homeade jam favors

BFawnBFawn member
First Comment
I'm looking for a website to design a rubber stamp to use on fabric on the tops of our homeade jelly jars. Has anyone ever created a stamp online? I want to use a legitimate website, and get a quality stamp.

Re: Homeade jam favors

• ltoraasonltoraason member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I can't help you with your stamp question. But I have the same idea and was wondering where you bought you jars/lids? I'm thinking 4 oz jars with homemade strawberry freezer jam and then the fabric around the top. Can you offer any help to me? Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure about the stamp either? Try a printing company? Like Vistaprint.com. I was also thinking about doing a preserve for a favor being my wedding is in October and thats harvest. How much are you budgeting for that? Thanks!
  • BFawnBFawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually used half pint jars (8 oz.) and purchased them at Wal-Mart! They were a little less than $8 per dozen jars. I think the smallest size jars they had were the half pint... So the total for my jars was around $80. Actually my grandfather offered to make the jam, and purchased the strawberries himself! I do know that he bought all of the berries when they went on sale for $1. I have yet to purchase the fabric for the tops, but do not plan on buying the pre-cut squares. I'll but a few yards of fabric and cut the squares myself. It might be a little more work but we are trying to keep the cost down! I'd say all in all my favors will be less than $200! We are planning for 120 guests, making each favor around $1.66. Not too bad! We plan on jarring the jam soon and I will be sure to post a picture of how they come out. Good luck girls!!
  • edited December 2011
    ltoraason I searched on craigslist for glass baby food jars. They are getting harder to find though - most of the baby food companies are moving away from glass jars.  good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Itraason, I have been thinking about making strawberry jam and using the 4 oz. quilted jelly jars.  The only thing about making freezer jam is that it needs to be kept in the freezer.  Idk about you but I don't have room for 100+ jars in my freezer.  Just something to think about.  Also, you should look into buying berries in bulk from local farms; they can  usually give you a better deal and the fruit is fresher than something from the grocery store.
  • BFawnBFawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was wrongg!! The jars we have are the 4 oz. jelly jars, not the 8 oz as I originally thought. We are working on them this weekend. Can't wait to see the finished product!
  • edited December 2011
    How did it turn out?
  • BFawnBFawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They look great so far! We ended up choosing almost like a burlap cloth for the tops, and hemp to tie them. Because the fabric has tiny holes in it we are going to stamp tags to tie onto the jars instead of stamping the fabric. Still looking into a place to order a custom stamp. Things have been crazy, guess I better get moving!
  • BFawnBFawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what one looks like without the tag.. what do you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards