Moms and Maids

Affordable or DIY Bridesmaids Dresses

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some affordable bridesmaid dresses for my wedding party preferrably in the $100-$200 range. We've considered getting the dresses made by a amateur seamstress a family member knows, but I feel a little weary about that. Oh, and I should mention one of the bridesmaids are pregnant as well.

Anyone have any useful links/resources?

Thanks!

Re: Affordable or DIY Bridesmaids Dresses

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Davids Bridal, Alfred Angelo, off the rack at department stores
  • edited December 2011
    I found mine on ideeli.com. they always have great markdowns on dresses and often have cocktail or longer semi and formals. Plus tons of accessories on sale. ruelala.com & gilt.com are other sites
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Or pick a general color and length and let them buy whatever fits their budget. They may even have something in their closet already, especially if you go with an LBD.
  • edited December 2011
    J.Crew Bridal.  Some of it is pricey, but a lot of it goes on clearance quickly.  My girls got a really pretty dress (that they CAN actually wear again) for $80 and free shipping.  And I can think of a couple that have empire waists and might work for someone who is expecting!
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Target has some BM dresses, too.
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Alfred Angelo.  On of my BMs is planning to be pregnant for the wedding too.  They have a ton of different styles to choose from.  I picked the color, length and fabric and then the girls got to choose their dress.  That way they could pick something that flattered them (one BM will have a baby 3 months before the wedding and one of my sisters is 14 and a size 0, so there's a range of body types) and that is in their price-range.  The dresses we looked at were priced from $99 to $198.
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this might sound dumb if it is more casual you can try victoriasecret.com their dresses are all pretty much less than 100 and some of them are nice enough to wear. But it really depends on your venue. Also Davids Bridal
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    OP, if it's possible, I'd advise waiting to get the pregnant bridesmaid's dress. The associates at David's Bridal, who had worked with pregnant women before, advised my preggers BM on a certain sized dress--but it's now too small! Save yourself--and her--the headache and allow her to wait until closer to the wedding date to get a dress you both like.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards