Michigan-Lansing
Options

Ceremony Space Advice

HELP! We are thinking about getting married at our church is Lansing. However, the church is rather dark and has a very comtemporary feel. We were thinking of renting tons of lighting and adding drapes, etc to "soften" the space.

Has anyone ever done something similar? Any vendor advice?

Like everyone, we're on a TIGHT budget (around 10K)

Re: Ceremony Space Advice

• Options
    To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you want, do some flowers and/or candles near the altar fine, but everyone's eyes are going to be focused on you and your FI during the ceremony and they aren't going to pay any attention to the rest of the church.  If money were no object, you could spend money decorating the church. Since you have a limited budget, I'd spend it on food & drink, which are the things your guests will notice and remember.
  • Options
    <div>Thats really great advice....thanks!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_ceremony-space-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:286036d1-936f-4d21-83da-886acb53a698Post:69ce3f2a-c82b-44cb-b9d5-efe73aefb376">Re: Ceremony Space Advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it.  If you want, do some flowers and/or candles near the altar fine, but everyone's eyes are going to be focused on you and your FI during the ceremony and they aren't going to pay any attention to the rest of the church.  If money were no object, you could spend money decorating the church. Since you have a limited budget, I'd spend it on food & drink, which are the things your guests will notice and remember.
    Posted by gailpete[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards