Flowers
Options

HATED my flowers : (

Does anyone know of a situation where people got a refund on their wedding flowers?  My bridesmaid boquets were supposed to be mixed boquets with limited roses that were light pink, dark pink carnations, purple hydrangeas, and purple stock.   They showed up with dark pink roses (that blended right in with the sangria bridesmaid dresses) and some unidentifiable filler...nothing else...and there was mold on them!  I don't feel that I should have to pay for them...any suggestions???

Re: HATED my flowers : (

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how to resolve the situation, but I just wanted to say I feel so bad for you!  That's awful!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awful!  Have you called your florist to complain?
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness, that is awful! I would call and complain! Do you have someone who took pictures of the flowers? Other than your photographer? I would take those in with me if you do have some. Just to show them how they looked and how it wasn't anything you wanted!
    Happy planning! Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You need to call your florist and complain immediately.  When did you get married?  If you wait too long then most times they won't refund anything.  I agree with PP about bringing in photos of the bouquets...that will help support your claim.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would call ASAP and make them aware of the situation.  Hopefully you have pictures to prove it in case.  Personally I would call, talk to a manager or owner, explain the details of what happened and ask "what is your suggested resolution?" and see what they say.  Negotiate from there.  Just try to remain calm, girl!  And actually I would probably go in in person with a bouquet if possible
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check your contract and contact your florist.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contact your florist.  Also, to other bride's reading this - be sure to have substitute flowers written into your contract.  Substitutions are sometimes necessary so make sure they'll be something you like.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      Check your contract to make sure that it doesn't say anything about them substituting if needed. The mold is inexcusable though and you should be compensated for that. Once you look through the contract and have decided what kind of compensation will make appease you, call the florist. Calmly explain your disappointment and resons why you are not satisfied. Ask them what they can do to compensate you for their substandard work (ask first, they may offer more than you will ask for).
      You probably aren't going to get everything refunded (unless everything was moldy), so I'd ask for a refund on all the moldy stuff. Then I'd ask for a dollar amount for the flowers that were differently colored than you asked for (unless it's in your contract that it's ok for them to substitute flowers with whatever they feel is appropriate).
      If you still have the flowers, save them and take them in to the florist. If they are a decent establishment, they will want them to see what kind of mold is on the flowers and what happened to them so they can make changes to their distributor or handling processes so this doesn't happen in the future.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're definately going to give them a call.  Wedding was a week and a half ago, but we are just getting back into town from our honeymoon.  I was willing to forgive the flowers not being exact, but agreed that the mold wasn't allowed.  We no longer have the actual flowers, but we photographed everything.  I just don't want anyone else to have to deal with what we did....
  • Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    first off.....take some pictures  and go and visit the person who handled your wedding,this is not something that should be handled with a phone call.If you have to make an appointment do so. Have a list of the problems you had and any documentation. Then above all else.....do not throw down the bridezilla card.......remain calm,do not threaten and talk it thru with the florist. Have a clear idea of what compensation you feel you need.

Remember ,you did have flowers and you and only your immediate circle of relatives and friends knew that anything was amiss. So,with that being said,do not request or expect a full refund. Be fair and I believe you will be treated fair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards