Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Vow Renewal Ettiquette

Hey ladies! DH and I have a wedding planned and paid for on April 10th of this year. However, due to a few complications with officiants and military details we realized that we needed to get married beforehand, so we got married in a civil ceremony this past weekend. So we're changing our planned wedding to a vow renewal with a reception. 

Both sets of parents and our wedding party know about this, as well as our friend/officiant who will be performing the vow renewal ceremony in April and this week we are sending out an announcement to our guests explaining the situation.

As far as technicalities go (vow renewal vs wedding), we're all set. But I have a question about changing some details from being particular to a wedding to a vow renewal. My dad was originally going to walk me down the aisle and give me away, but since DH and I are already married, is this still appropriate?

Also, at the end of the ceremony, when the officiant typically announces that we're husband and wife and introduces us as "Mr. and Mrs. Blank,"...is this still appropriate? What changes should we make?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit Military.weddings.com

image 155 Invited
image 102 Attending
image 40 Regrets
image 13 Awaiting Reply
RSVP Date: March 11

Re: Vow Renewal Ettiquette

• Options
    Wow...these posts are incredibly harsh.  What is the problem with her going through with ANY type of ceremony if she is paying for it and if she wants to?  Who cares what people think?  Those who matter wont care and those who care dont matter....Wow
  • Options
    Well since the thread's two months old, I'd have to go read all the comments again to see which ones are harsh.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards