• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Food and Cakes

would you eat this cake (and do you have a good recipie)?

i saw this cake on the martha wedding site...it sounds amazing. 

vanilla-bean spiced apple cake -- filled with caramel buttercream -- is drizzled with luscious caramel.

if you were a wedding geust, would you eat this?  i'm hoping to have a friend make our cake but i want to find a really good recipie to give her to use.  has anyone made a cake similar to this and would you mind sharing your recipie?

Re: would you eat this cake (and do you have a good recipie)?

• I haven't made anything like that but I could probably just dive head first into it.  It sounds amazing.  If you come up with a good recipe please post it.  Have you tried google/food.com/allrecipes.com/foodnetwork.com?
  • i saw the picture and i'm like "omg...i want that cake!"  i'll check that link!
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    Only because you asked, but no I would not.  I don't like spiced apple anything.  I don't like cooked apples either.

I wouldn't be disappointed either.  I'm kind-of Meh about wedding cake anyway.  Even if I like all the flavors I tend to only have a bite anyway.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I would save this recipe for the grooms cake (DH had pumpkin spice for his cake, the wedding cake was vanilla almond).
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • @ Goodluckbear:  groom's cakes aren't a thing in my area.  i'd actually never heard of them until i joined the knot.
  • that's actually the recipie i found after i made this post.  it's not the one i had originally seen though. 

here is a picture of the cake i originally saw. the apples on top are dusted with edible gold dust!

• Yes, I would.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Yes, I would eat it!  A nice, creative change from standard white cake.  And what a gorgeous picture!
  • I think it sounds delicious!  If your ticker is correct, It looks like you are having a fall wedding, I think it would be a perfect seasonal cake flavor for that time of year.  Our baker offers both carrot cake and spice cake as standard wedding cake flavors and I think your cake flavor is similar to both of those. If we were going to have a fall wedding I would have definitely considered doing the spice cake. I think you should go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yes, we are getting married on octboer 28:)   we are definetly doing a version of this cake!
  • edited June 2012
    I would definately eat it, but might want the apples not spiced - depends on the spices they use :)
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e6943][img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e6943/thumb.png[/img]
    My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Calendar[/url]

Me 42, DH 34 - TTC #1 since June 2012.
    9/12 3-day testing: TSH 3.76, T4 Free 1.1, LH 6.1, FSH 7.4, Prolactin 9.0, Estradiol 56. 12/12 HSG done & my tubes are clear!! 1/22/13 3-day testing: TSH 6.2, FSH 7.7, AMH 0.86, Estradiol 54, Prolactin 10.5. Thyroid almost doubled (hmmm), started Synthroid 2/4/13 and also 15,000 of Vit D 1/wk. 2/26/13 RE says I am in great shape, but DH has MFI - extremly low count along with morphology & motility issues. RE said IUI would be a waste, that IVF with ICSI is what he thinks we should do. Insurance does not cover IVF.... :(
  • I definitely would. Yes, yes.
  • the cake sounds delish! but putting a "DRIZZLE" on a wedding cake b=would be incredibly difficult
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards