Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Stepfather/Daughter Dance Song PLEASE HELP!!!!!

By far this is the hardest thing I have had to decide on for my wedding!  My stepfather has been in my life since I was 13 or 14.  My father passed away when I was 12 and he has been an amazing father figure for me without taking the place of my father.  We are very close and I am having a really hard time finding songs for us to choose the one that we will dance to.  My fiance and I are meeting with our DJ in a couple of weeks and I need to have an idea of the music by then.  My stepfather and I have been through a lot together and he has been there for me when I have needed him most...helping raise me as a teenager after all of his kids had already grown and moved out, rescuing me from a bad point in my life, and most of all helping me get through my mom being diagnosed with breast cancer, having surgery, going through chemo and recovering.  I wanted to give a little history of our relationship.  He is really the best stepfather I could have ever asked or wished for!

Re: Stepfather/Daughter Dance Song PLEASE HELP!!!!!

• He Didn't have to be - Brad Paisley
    My Wish - Rascal Flatts
    I Hope you Dance - Lee Ann Wommack
    Because you Loved Me - Celine Dion
    The Rose - Bette Midler

Hope this helps... o btw the Brad Paisley one is my fave... its soo beautiful!
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • I think kind and generous by Natalie Merchnt is a great song.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_stepfatherdaughter-dance-song-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:49afd40c-773f-41cf-b1f5-4e93a8c6aa7cPost:6970376c-42cf-4e4c-82ef-16f6ef280978">Re: Stepfather/Daughter Dance Song PLEASE HELP!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]He Didn't have to be - Brad Paisley My Wish - Rascal Flatts I Hope you Dance - Lee Ann Wommack Because you Loved Me - Celine Dion The Rose - Bette Midler Hope this helps... o btw the Brad Paisley one is my fave... its soo beautiful!
    Posted by tiffysue2012[/QUOTE]
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jnu1117jnu1117 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_stepfatherdaughter-dance-song-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:49afd40c-773f-41cf-b1f5-4e93a8c6aa7cPost:fb1819d9-4a38-4174-8c53-8fae425a0c7a">Re: Stepfather/Daughter Dance Song PLEASE HELP!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think kind and generous by Natalie Merchnt is a great song. In Response to Re: Stepfather/Daughter Dance Song PLEASE HELP!!!!! :
    Posted by jnu1117[/QUOTE]

oR How the years go by - Vanessa Williams
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards