Missouri-St Louis
Options

Ceremony venues

While my fiancée and I have a few ideas for a venue for our reception, we have no ideas for where we would like our ceremony to be held. We know that we would like a separate location. We both like the idea of an outdoor wedding but we would like the venue to have an indoor option incase it rains. Neither of us are religious and feel a but uncomfortable having the ceremony in a church when we are not part of the congragation... Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Ceremony venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a preferred reception venue?  Or area of St. Louis?
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    janejane43janejane43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should look at Tower Grove Park, they have lots of options there. Botanical Gardens also has pretty places and I'm pretty sure they have indoor options. There is also the Worlds Fair pavilion that is covered but outside. Local parks probably have pavilions you could use too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SLUmagpieSLUmagpie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me to a T!
    We're getting married on top of the Civil Courts building downtown.  I also recommend the Old Courthouse, the Old Post Office and City Hall Rotunda -- all four are unique, stunning and off the beaten path.  
    World's Fair Pavillion  is amazing.  It books fast.
    I also like The Ruins, the Music Stand and the Piper Palm House at Tower Grove Park.

Those should certainly get you started and hopefully give you a few "out of the box" ideas.  Good luck!! 
  • Options
    cks2015cks2015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SLUmagpie - do you have a contact name, phone or email for the Civil Courts building location??  This really appeals to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the jewel box!  It's got an outdoor feel for an indoor protection!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the jewel box - it's all windows so it looks out-doors-y but is inside
  • Options
    jeaniemarie05jeaniemarie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have the contact information for the Civil Courts building or know the capacity for a ceremony? I'd love to get more information about it. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards