September 2012 Weddings
Options

Slow night at work. Checks and a Flower Question

On weekends, I work third shift at a large animal hospital (horses, cows, & livestock). Tonight is relatively slow. So to help stay awake, I thought I'd offer an update on planning and ask for flower oppinion.

I had a day off from my internship on Wednesday and got a lot of WR things accomplished. I finished addressing the last of out STDs and will drop them off at the post office after work.

I picked up the pirice list from our baker and scheduled a tasting/consult in two weeks.

I made an appointment for Tuesday with the bridal salon to order our invitations and response cards. The salon is offering us a CRAZY GOOD deal since we will be getting my dress and all tuxes from them. We will get 100 invites with matching response cards for $75!

I reserved our hotel block. I would have loved to get the hotel downtown, 4 blocks from reception, but it was way too expensive. Plus they required 60 day advance and a 2 night stay. The joys of college football. So the hotels that we got are across town and much more reasonable/accomidating.

The final accomplishment of my productive day was meeting with the florist to discuss ideas and prices.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I knew I did not want roses and the florist was very exciting about doing non-tradtional flowers. I love the look of hydrengea, ranunculus, and Dahlia. I also love round bouqets, either perfect pomanders or rounded hand-gathered. I originally thought I wanted all hydrangea for all WP. The florist told me that hydrangea bouts would need to be silk in order to last, which I am fine with. My MOH thinks that a single stem or two of hydrangea for the BMs might be too simple. Soo now I'm considering doing a different flower for each BM and a matching bout for the GM. My BM are all doing their own thing. They all have differnt short navy dresses, different  hairstyles, different shoes and accessories. So would different flowers look ok? Or is it better for cohesviness to all have the same flower?

FYI: we are doing silver string orb centerpieces with pink hdrangea in them. Check out my Pinterest for the inspiration (CLICK)

Love and Blessings
September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Slow night at work. Checks and a Flower Question

• Options
    If it was me I would think the same flowers just to make it look cohesive since everything else will be different-I have same dresses but different colors and same shoes but different hairstyles and I am using white gerber daises with black centers (since amenoes are not in season) for the BM and MOH just to tie everything together.   
  • Options
    I agree with Erin to do the same flowers to bring some cohesiveness to your WP.  I am doing all "real touch" flowers since I wanted anemones too and they aren't in season.  The WP and FI will have anemones and I'll carry hydrangeas with just a few anemones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards