Nebraska-Omaha

Vendor reviews shout out for Margo Livingston

I recently got married October 2, 2009 at the Joslyn Castle --here are some reviews. Wedding Planner--Margo Livingston found on the knot. I highly, highly reccomend Margo. She is organized, exstremely accomodating, she made my wedding go exstremely well. Getting married at the Joslyn kind of requires a planner and I highly reccomend her. She is very well priced and is worth her weight in gold. And she has a charming way with people that is hard to find. My family and friends loved her. Joslyn Castle- Wedding and Reception. The Joslyn is beautiful. We got married in the Music Room. I was going to get married outdoors but the weather was unbearable. Usually the guest number for a wedding ceremony in the castle needs to be smaller so that is something to take into consideration. Brandies Catering Bar and Food. The food was great--I got lots of good comments about the appetizers and the chicken basiline. They keep everything going in order. Carolyn does an amazing job with organizing what rental equipment and linens you need. She made great suggestions for food choices and she has a beautiful demeanor. Flowers Debbi Pitt --She does an amazing job. I probably got the most comments about her flowers than about anything else. She does a lot of weddings at the castle and has worked with all my vendors before. Nice lady. Cake Karen Brophy I liked my cake a lot . I had a white cake with buttercream frosting and a groom's cake that was a carrot cake. Both cakes were beautiful and tasted delicious. She is also a very nice lady. Band On the Fritz--what can I say --they rock and they are great guys. Cannot say enough nice things about them!! Hair Carry Gerke and Misty Powers --Carry has Shear Design in North Bend and the Cut Above in Fremont --they did almost the whole wedding party. Beautiful. This isn't all my vendors but I will write about more later!!

Re: Vendor reviews shout out for Margo Livingston

• edited December 2011
    I got married the day after you and we used Margo also!! Glad your day went so well, I know Margo had to leave for a bit to help with our rehearsal. I also agree with you on how great Margo is. Congratulations!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I hired Margo to plan my wedding and I have had nothing but trouble.  She hasn't been able to organize any of my vendor appointments, she doesn't keep her phone appointments very well, and has dropped the ball completely in planning my wedding.  I have since let her go and had to hire a new planner.  Also, she feels she is entitled to the entire deposit that I gave her.  I will be taking her to court.  I would not recommend using her as a planner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards