Hawaii

Welcome Table?

Aloha!

I'm curious if any other brides had or will have someone assigned to their welcome table (of which has the place cards, guest book, and card box) at their wedding?
Upon visiting my venue recently, they told me it's common for someone to assign that duty to someone, but I don't want to assign that duty to any guests... Does there need to be someone there to greet people and give them their table #'s and such? 

Thanks in advance for any feedback you may be able to provide on this!

Re: Welcome Table?

• We didn't have anyone, but we didn't have a guestbook either.  Just place/name cards, hand fans.  It was right by the entrance so people could grab stuff when they walked in.  We had about 40 people.  I think especally with smaller groups, people know what to do with guestbooks and such.  With larger groups, you may want someone there to point it out in case they get lost in the crowd

• We had a couple of teenage girls who attended our wedding man the Welcome table.  They really just stood there in case anyone had any questions, but it worked out good. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • My daughter and MOH's daughter are doing this. They are also passing out the programs, fans, and directing ppl where to go for the ceremony.
  • Our WC's assistant took care of our table as we also had gift box which had enveloes with money inside.  She also helped direct guests on signing "well wishes' in our book
  • No one did this for us.  We had a table with our signing canvas and a basket for cards.  Guests didn't need instructions and nothing went missing. 

We did have a friend hand out programs as guests arrived, but mostly because there wasn't a central entry point to the ceremony seating due to the venue setup.
  • This is common at Hawaii weddings of like 100+ guests - more just to guide people and answer questions about parking, restrooms, etc.  Typically, they verify your address (helps make sending thank you cards muuch easier!), collect your gift/card, tell you what table you're on, etc.  :)

I'm having 2 friends do it for me (I did it for them!) and giving them a small gift as a thank you ($50 gift certificates each).  You can always ask a couple (so they are familiar and comfortable with each other), or two single girl friends (so they don't abandon their dates), or two cousins?  If you are not having a large reception, I think omitting this role is completely okay, too! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards