Kentucky

Has anyone ever bought there dress from Wedding wonderland in Lexington ky?

I had a really terrible experience there.  When we stop by there the first time, the owner herself waited on me.  They was so nice to me and all my BM's and MOH's.  She picked out a dress for me that I would've never considered trying on. She told me to keep an open mind and try it on.  I did and loved it.  Walked out and the girls loved it.  I wanted a dress without a long train on it because we will be doing a dance and didn't want to have to carry it all night.  I told her this.  When I looked at the dress in the mirror it looked great.  She was holding the dress together at the back because it was to big in the bust and torso. I didn't know it at the time but she was also holding the "train" When I turned around to look at the back I didn't see the train on the dress, she showed me the two sheer drapes that went down the back and all the way to the floor (beautiful)  I loved that.  MY COMMENT: Oh I really like that, I didn't want a train because they are to heavy to have to carry around all night but this looks like a very elegant way to replace one.  Plus I can dance easily in it.  Now UPDATE:  I put my dress in lawaway and have been paying by phone.  I went back yesterday with the girls to get them sized and order there dresses.  I paid 400.00 for this dress (reg. 550.00) it was marked down so when you buy it, you can't exchange or refund it.  When we got there it was almost closing time. I appolized about being so late but we had to wait on my daughter to get off work and travel from Corbin (an hour away) She had my dress in the fitting room to try on.  I went in to try on my dress (while the girls was being measured)  I pulled it out of the bag and realized that there was a long train on this dress.  Confused but I tried it on anyway.  I come out and stood in front of the mirror.  The associate come in to help me zip it up.  I went to move and she was standing on my dress.  When I went to walk in the other room to show the girls, I noticed a sheer train laying on the floor.  I said what is that.  She said OH nothing.  So I showed the girls  blah blah.. then went to take the dress off.  I was putting the dress on the hanger when I realized there was only one sheer on the back of the dress when there was two when I went to put it on.  I stuck the dress in the bag, looked down in the bottom of the bag and there was the "OH NOTHING" that was laying on the floor stuffed in the bottom of my bag.  I told the owner about it and she said very rudely that when she put that dress in the bag it was not like that.  I said yes I know it wasn't like that when I put it on layaway or wasn't like that when I went to try it on just now.  she tried to tell me how careful "I" should be when zipping it up.  I said I didn't zip it up, she did.  She rolled her eyes and said well I can just sew this back on.  She did and when I got home it's crooked.  They never apolized or nothing.  Just acted like it was my fault.  When I ordered the girls dress and went to sign the contract.  I notice one of the sizes was a size 148!  I said what is this.  She had already put it in the computer and never noticed that.  So she changed it after bringing it to her attention.  Then after I get in the car my daugter said she didn't understand why they ordered her dress 4 size bigger then what they had said.. THE whole process was rediculous.

Re: Has anyone ever bought there dress from Wedding wonderland in Lexington ky?

• marshmella37marshmella37 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I had a really terrible experience there.  When we stop by there the first time, the owner herself waited on me.  They was so nice to me and all my BM's and MOH's.  She picked out a dress for me that I would've never considered trying on. She told me to keep an open mind and try it on.  I did and loved it.  Walked out and the girls loved it.  I wanted a dress without a long train on it because we will be doing a dance and didn't want to have to carry it all night.  I told her this.  When I looked at the dress in the mirror it looked great.  She was holding the dress together at the back because it was to big in the bust and torso. I didn't know it at the time but she was also holding the "train" When I turned around to look at the back I didn't see the train on the dress, she showed me the two sheer drapes that went down the back and all the way to the floor (beautiful)  I loved that.  MY COMMENT: Oh I really like that, I didn't want a train because they are to heavy to have to carry around all night but this looks like a very elegant way to replace one.  Plus I can dance easily in it.  Now UPDATE:  I put my dress in lawaway and have been paying by phone.  I went back yesterday with the girls to get them sized and order there dresses.  I paid 400.00 for this dress (reg. 550.00) it was marked down so when you buy it, you can't exchange or refund it.  When we got there it was almost closing time. I appolized about being so late but we had to wait on my daughter to get off work and travel from Corbin (an hour away) She had my dress in the fitting room to try on.  I went in to try on my dress (while the girls was being measured)  I pulled it out of the bag and realized that there was a long train on this dress.  Confused but I tried it on anyway.  I come out and stood in front of the mirror.  The associate come in to help me zip it up.  I went to move and she was standing on my dress.  When I went to walk in the other room to show the girls, I noticed a sheer train laying on the floor.  I said what is that.  She said OH nothing.  So I showed the girls  blah blah.. then went to take the dress off.  I was putting the dress on the hanger when I realized there was only one sheer on the back of the dress when there was two when I went to put it on.  I stuck the dress in the bag, looked down in the bottom of the bag and there was the "OH NOTHING" that was laying on the floor stuffed in the bottom of my bag.  I told the owner about it and she said very rudely that when she put that dress in the bag it was not like that.  I said yes I know it wasn't like that when I put it on layaway or wasn't like that when I went to try it on just now.  she tried to tell me how careful "I" should be when zipping it up.  I said I didn't zip it up, she did.  She rolled her eyes and said well I can just sew this back on.  She did and when I got home it's crooked.  They never apolized or nothing.  Just acted like it was my fault.  When I ordered the girls dress and went to sign the contract.  I notice one of the sizes was a size 148!  I said what is this.  She had already put it in the computer and never noticed that.  So she changed it after bringing it to her attention.  Then after I get in the car my daugter said she didn't understand why they ordered her dress 4 size bigger then what they had said.. THE whole process was rediculous.
  • marshmella37marshmella37 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Just wondering.  Because I had a really bad experience with them.  I posted a really long story about what happened but it ended up post a blank page.  I am really tired and pretty upset. So I will have to share the experience in the morning. 
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  I would suggest you post this on your local board so other women can avoid having such a terrible experience!

I would not use this store's tailor for you final alterations.  See if you can find a quality seamstress who works in bridal to fix the train and do any other changes necessary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Definitely post this on your local board!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited February 2012
    Hi - I understand your frustration.  I'm in the Central KY area (Frankfort) and went to that shop early on.  I was not impressed.  I'm not a standard sample size, and trying to put my street size 12 body in a gown size 8 doesn't work - regardless of how many clips they use to attach it to my longline bra in the back.  They really didn't seem to pay any heed to the budget I gave them, and the one dress I did like was a sample and two sizes too small.  Which she proceeded to try and convince me that she could alter (like removing the straps and letting it out and adding a corset back).  It was beaded and missing some of the beads as well.

It was really just an overall disappointing experience.

I have seen that there are some individual tailors/seamstresses in Lexington.  Once you have the dress paid off, PICK IT UP and take it to someone else for alterations.  I know you didn't want a train, but a good seamstress could add bustles to the back to hold it up for the reception.  OR they could probably alter it to remove the train altogether.

I am SO sorry you're dealing with this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm sorry for your negative experience at Wedding Wonderland.  I had a great experience there.  I wish you had too.  Who can explain why one bride could not be happier and another had a miserable experience there? 

I worked directly with Pam (the owner) and the first dress she chose for me was The One--my MOH and I both just knew it.  I tried on several others that would have been great contenders but The One was it.  Since my first visit was just a walk in, I returned several days later with 2 more friends for my appointment.  I should note that I'm a plus size bride and she set me at ease immediately and reassured me that I would find the dress that would make me feel beautiful on the big day.  She had a nice selection of plus size gowns so I didn't feel like I had to 'settle' just because I'm a bigger girl.  She was respectful of my budget and discounted the sample size 22 that I chose.

I wish you'd had a similar experience. I took my dress to Needle's Eye for alterations. Lucky for me, it doesn't have to be let out but there are 5 layers to hem in a dress with pickups.  She's darting the boobage area to prevent spillage and creating a 5 point bussle.   
  • My best friend is getting married June 23rd, I am her MOH and just got engaged myself. I would not go there even if they were GIVING me my dream dress. They are awful! They FORGOT TO ORDER HER DRESS!!! So she went from August to January thinking it was ordered and on its way and would have it with plenty of time for alterations etc. They rush ordered it, and it finally did get here in April, but now she's having to have alterations rushed too. Also the mother of the bride bought her dress from them (ordered it before they realized how unprofessional they were) and it came late and in the wrong color, and no time to re-order in the right color. THEY ARE AWFUL! Save yourself a lot of stress and tears and DO NOT go there! They will not even be considered when I start dress shopping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards