African American Weddings

Q of the night...

Think im just having a moment...I went thru my list earlier today and was reviewing things that need to be paid off. DIY supplies I need to buy and projects that need to be started and completed on. I kinda asked myself...Why I am I spending all this money and stressing over this one day ? Do any of you feel like this from time to time ?
imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/

Re: Q of the night...

• I am actually interested in hearing from the person that DOESN'T feel like that...please enlighten us! LOL
    Anniversary
  • I feel like this every day
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Yep. All the time.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • I think I am starting to feel overwhelm a little bit. I know its because I have events coming up and it just seems like they are coming quick this year which seems its making the wedding come quick. I have my kids bday coming up ina couple months. Then holidays, maintaining our bills, and whatever else comes along like my brakes on my car need to be fixed this week. Im ready to throw the towel in and say JOP here we come !!
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_q-of-the-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2ff1ee8-f185-484d-813e-e84653324c3bPost:6172b427-1175-4235-bcdd-22908014eb51">Q of the night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Think im just having a moment...I went thru my list earlier today and was reviewing things that need to be paid off. DIY supplies I need to buy and projects that need to be started and completed on. I kinda asked myself...Why I am I spending all this money and stressing over this one day ? Do any of you feel like this from time to time ?
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]

Felt like that yesterday......and I have 2 months left. It's going to come and go but in the end you won't regret it.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • I have yet to spend any thing and I feel that way Does not help that I am on 21 months of unemployment and counting I have a retail job I detest and I have been put off unemplyment So yeah I feel your pain
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_q-of-the-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2ff1ee8-f185-484d-813e-e84653324c3bPost:57110e89-95e1-4377-a682-a8811f9bbc91">Re: Q of the night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have yet to spend any thing and I feel that way Does not help that I am on 21 months of unemployment and counting I have a retail job I detest and I have been put off unemplyment So yeah I feel your pain
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]
     Girl..thats another thing. I do nails and this past month and so far this month has been really slow for me. Im hoping it will pick up soon. So in the meantime Ive been looking for a second job and hoping to get one that I can hold til the April. Girl I feel like the planning and spending money is closing in on me. Hopefully soon will get something so you can start buying. It will get better !
  • I do not think you should go in debt for one day (really 5 hours).  I think the industry has told us that it is our one day and we should have everything we want and to dream big and we do.  But at the end of the day it doesn't matter how much you spend  the end results are the same.  One can spend millions vs a few dollars and it doesn't mean you will be married any longer or happier than the other person.  Everyone will have an opinion and tell you what type of wedding to have and you only get married once.  Sometimes we try to emulate a wedding we saw on tv or someone else's wedding. I say sit down and be realistic and honest about what is important to you on that day. If you only want you and your FI and a ballgown dress, then do that. If you want the big wedding, plan it out, save and do it.   You do not need to invite everyone you know (which cuts down on the cost of the reception) invite those that are part of your lives and that mean something to you.  The wedding cost should not take away from you needing to live and pay bills.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_q-of-the-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2ff1ee8-f185-484d-813e-e84653324c3bPost:9d72a8ea-8f76-420c-afff-f3a34e63a9ee">Re: Q of the night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Q of the night... :  Girl..thats another thing. I do nails and this past month and so far this month has been really slow for me. Im hoping it will pick up soon. So in the meantime Ive been looking for a second job and hoping to get one that I can hold til the April. Girl I feel like the planning and spending money is closing in on me. Hopefully soon will get something so you can start buying. It will get better !
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>tMista is paying for the majority of everything and if i leave it to him we will be in more debit so the one who is bad with money is putting the breaks on a lot of stuff i feel like a fun snatcher but i aint trying to be extra poor so he can floss lol </div><div>
    </div><div>thanks i hope i find something soon i am going crazy at nordy rack... </div><div>i hope biz picksup for you.... 

</div>
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_q-of-the-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:d2ff1ee8-f185-484d-813e-e84653324c3bPost:8edb708e-f75f-464f-80bc-b2aa08ef299f">Re: Q of the night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not think you should go in debt for one day (really 5 hours).  I think the industry has told us that it is our one day and we should have everything we want and to dream big and we do.  But at the end of the day it doesn't matter how much you spend  the end results are the same.  One can spend millions vs a few dollars and it doesn't mean you will be married any longer or happier than the other person.  Everyone will have an opinion and tell you what type of wedding to have and you only get married once.  Sometimes we try to emulate a wedding we saw on tv or someone else's wedding. I say sit down and be realistic and honest about what is important to you on that day. If you only want you and your FI and a ballgown dress, then do that. If you want the big wedding, plan it out, save and do it.   You do not need to invite everyone you know (which cuts down on the cost of the reception) invite those that are part of your lives and that mean something to you.  The wedding cost should not take away from you needing to live and pay bills.  <div>Posted by Yolie1098[/QUOTE]</div><div>
    </div><div>All of this! Don't go into debt trying to pay for your wedding.  Do whatever you and FI are comfortable with doing and whatever fits into your budget.  It really is only 6-7 hours max and it goes by so quickly.  Just like PP said, we get so caught up in planning our dream wedding and trying to emulate what we see on TV or other's weddings, when honestly, it's not in our budget.  It makes wedding planning a lot more stressful than it should be.  We all have times during the process where we get tired of spending money and want to throw in the towel so I think that's normal.  I've been married for 6 months and still think about all of the money that we spent and how our budget was shot from the very beginning.  All in all, just plan the wedding that you and FI want to have, disergarding what others think, unless they're chippin in!

</div>
  • I am planning the wedding I want and is staying within budget like no tomorrow. Im not feeling like im going broke. Im just more like Am I really spending so and so on that..lol like did i just really eat that brownie at 1130 at night now I need to do an extra mile on the treadmill..thats all. We are saving for the things that we arent paying off til next year and the things we need like supplies im buying as I go. I have my dress and all deps except for the honeymoon and chair covers are paid but im just like doggon..geesh lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards